AT&T public reachable IPV6

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
jolly
Has thanked: 0

AT&T public reachable IPV6

Post by jolly »

Can anyone tell me if they have been able to obtain an IPV6 address on AT&T that is public and can accept inbound connections? I recall trying this a year ago with phone plan but all inbound traffic appeared to be blocked, almost like the IPV6 address was proxied. I believe I was using the NXTGENPHONE APN. I'm currently using a broadband APN plan, on which I haven't been able to pull an IPV6 address.

This does work for me on T-Mobile.
Didneywhorl

Re: AT&T public reachable IPV6

Post by Didneywhorl »

I haven't myself.

I believe the broadband APN uses IPV4 only, even though the PDP context is setup as IPV4V6.

As stupid as it sounds, IPV6 is still being eschewed to the future as much as possible with the cellular carriers. They want to keep their CGNAT and invisible proxies as long as they can it seems.
ruraltx

Post by ruraltx »

AT&T Wireless is using a NAT for both IPv4 and IPv6. T-Mobile is using a NAT for IPv4 and IPv6 is given a full open connection. I think Verizon is the same as T-Mobile.

You won't be able to accept incoming connections through AT&T through any consumer plan without forwarding from a remote server, which is rarely worth it.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

The outgoing connection is CGNAT with some tricks. If you are not internet savvy, the ATT plans aren't the best to try and self host. Yes, you can self host using these ATT plans but they take different traffic routes - which is where the tricks come into play so there's a lot of work that needs to put in.

OTOH, please look into Cloudflare Tunnel.
19e34f

Post by 19e34f »

LoveMeSomeCALTE wrote: Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:15 pm The outgoing connection is CGNAT with some tricks. If you are not internet savvy, the ATT plans aren't the best to try and self host. Yes, you can self host using these ATT plans but they take different traffic routes - which is where the tricks come into play so there's a lot of work that needs to put in.

OTOH, please look into Cloudflare Tunnel.
Would you mind sharing some of these tricks? So far I have been able to work around that with ZeroTier and connecting both ends to the ZeroTier network.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

ZT ftw

Return to “Internet Service Providers”