mofi 5500 connection issues. tmobile

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
nittojoe
Has thanked: 0

mofi 5500 connection issues. tmobile

Post by nittojoe »

Hi guys, first post here super noob when it comes to networking but I have been around computers my whole life. just recently started to travel around the US in a motorhome that I remodeled over the last couple months and my situation changed quickly and had to jump right in while figuring out internet on the road.

here’s what I have: MOFI5500-5GXeLTE-EM9191 - just bought this because I needed to get connected fast really didn’t do any research and should have come here first unfortunately, I’m stuck with it now.

Here’s my issue:
I have a true unlimited ATT 4g plan the sim works great I put it in the Mofi is basically just works not needing to be setup or anything.
I also have a T-Mobile hotspot plan that’s 100gb with 5g. unfortunately this sim will not connect to the internet however if I leave it in its Inseego 5G MiFi M2000 it works just fine. If it goes in the Mofi it detects the number and even the carrier just will not connect to the internet. I’ve tried resets everything still nothing T-Mobile basically told me it should work but they are unsure why it’s not. Here’s the real kicker I also have service with T-Mobile as my primary phone service if I use that sim, it works just fine nothing nets to be setup just works. I’m really confused. Reason why I don’t want to use the inseego is because it seems to overheat every couple hour randomly.

Any suggestions? I know its probably either setting related or possibly the sim/carrier issue? Not really sure. But really need to get this figured out Texas where I’m at currently seems to be T-Mobile heavy and the ATT service is just horribly spotty here.
Rich Hathaway

Re: mofi 5500 connection issues. tmobile

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Check the apn the device is using with the non working sim in it, not sure about that device but alot of devices have 2 apn slots so check them both if it does.
nittojoe

Post by nittojoe »

Seems like the apn is set correctly
Fast.t-mobile.com
Ttl 65
Mtu set to auto/1428
Pdp ipv4 only
Carrier id is qt 310260
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Try TTL 64
nittojoe

Post by nittojoe »

Tried nothing, so here's the scope after looking into it and hours of frustration with tmobile.

I some how got onto a secondary 100gb plan that is locked for only the inseego device.

Return to “MoFi Routers”