Verizon tablet sim or AT&T prepaid cell sim

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
RockyJayyy
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Verizon tablet sim or AT&T prepaid cell sim

Post by RockyJayyy »

I have a tablet on my Verizon cellphone account, I was wondering if I could use that sim card and either get the lt500 or a router bundle from The Wireless Haven. Also if Verizon did find out would they cancel my entire account? Or should I buy an AT&T prepaid unlinited cellphone sim and get a router from The Wireless Haven?
Didneywhorl

Re: Verizon tablet sim or AT&T prepaid cell sim

Post by Didneywhorl »

Using a cell phone, or tablet, SIM from Verizon on an LTE "hotspot" router will require some modem identity trickery. You will have to make the Verizon network THINK you are using a cell phone. I recommend that if you do this, and it is possible using the modems and routers from The Wireless Haven (Now The Wireless Haven / https://thewirelesshaven.com ), but I recommend that if you do this make sure that you do NOT use a "generated" or otherwise loosely stolen phone/tablet identity. Buy, or use, a phone that you can both own and use the identity from and then put it in a drawer as a wifi only device. That is the best manner in which you can legally not be "trying to mask your personal identity as someone else, via identity spoofing" (an FCC legality) IF you own both devices, its yours to do with as you please in my opinion.

The same for both Verizon and ATT. Phone sims require the registered identity and the operating device identity to match that of the same cell phone device.

Many people do it, just making sure you understand up front. Quectel modems are the easiest to do this with, but Sierra and Telit are also capable. How to do this is something that has to bee googled. The FCC regs on this are too grey area for this forum to risk being taken down over. It may be a little too cautious, but the site owner has taken this stance and it's what has to be here. Better safe than sorry I guess.

Return to “General and Unclassified”