Help setting up Visible in Quectel EM160R-GL modem using LTEFix data to USB hub and Gl.inet ar750 router.

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
shockkid14
Has thanked: 0

Help setting up Visible in Quectel EM160R-GL modem using The Wireless Haven data to USB hub and Gl.inet ar750 router.

Post by shockkid14 »

I think I've gotten myself in over my head. I activated my sim in my iPhone, then transferred it over to my modem. I was hoping it would be relatively plug and play, but I can't get the sim recognized.

I changed the apn to VSBLINTERNET, have tried all Dev/ttlUSB options, but in the gl.inet interface there is no info listed under Modem Name or IMEI.

I did plug the modem directly into my PC, where it was recognized as a verizon sim, and gave me IMEI info, but would not connect to service.

Could anyone help a noob out? I appreciate the help.
Didneywhorl

Re: Help setting up Visible in Quectel EM160R-GL modem using The Wireless Haven data to USB hub and Gl.inet ar750 router.

Post by Didneywhorl »

GLinet routers firmware doesnt handle usb modems at all in my experience.

Load Rooter/Goldenorb: http://aturnofthenut.com/autobuilds/GL-AR750S-GO2021-08-07-AB.zip

https://ofmodemsandmen.com
shockkid14

Re: Help setting up Visible in Quectel EM160R-GL modem using The Wireless Haven data to USB hub and Gl.inet ar750 router.

Post by shockkid14 »

Sweet, I'll try this out and keep you posted.
shockkid14

Post by shockkid14 »

Alright, so I've flashed rooter, and have booted everything up. I've changed the apn to VSBLINTERNET, and the com port to USB2.
It says "No Modem Present" in the network status menu.
shockkid14

Post by shockkid14 »

I followed a couple other forum tutorials, and I think I'm good. I'm running at about 30mb up and down.
cameroooo

Post by cameroooo »

Would you mind linking the tutorial you followed?

I also have an em160r-gl with a gl.inet router that I had been running on visible for the past several months. Everything was working well up until a few weeks ago and now it has stopped connecting. Still works on AT&T so would be curious how you got yours running. Thank you for any help

Return to “Quectel Modems”