T-Mobil TM-RTL0102 Connection stats???

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Murphy625
Been thanked: 0

T-Mobil TM-RTL0102 Connection stats???

Post by Murphy625 »

So I disconnected my T-Mobile 5G trashcan and bought the older white 4G LTE white modem that T-Mobile use to issue.

The reason is because my N71 band here is screwed up so if I position the modem for a good signal, it picks up the secondary signal on 5G (N71) and I lose all internet.

So now, with the older white 4G LTE only modem, I can find a strong signal and not worry about the 5G kicking in.

One problem.. I'm in the menu (hardwired LAN) and can't find the connection metrics where it shows RSSI, SNR and the other information.. all it shows me is how many bars I have.

Where do I find the connection stats?
Dr-BroadBand

Re: T-Mobil TM-RTL0102 Connection stats???

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Do you still have the TM trashcan??
Murphy625
Been thanked: 0

Post by Murphy625 »

Dr-BroadBand wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 12:07 am Do you still have the TM trashcan??
Yes.. Going to keep it as a backup.

By using the older style white box, I can elevate it to get maximum signal quality without worrying that the 5G is going to kick in on the N71 band.. whenever that happens, I lose all internet no matter how strong the 4G signal is.

Tried hooking up an external antenna, got great signal.. even had 3 bars on the 5G, and zero internet.

During the summer, I can put my modem next to the open window and signal is good enough, but as soon as I close the window, signal gets really bad. My home is brick and my windows have a low-e coating that blocks cellular signals pretty well.
Now that its getting cold, I can't leave the damn window open all the time so have to move modem to garage.. and then I'll get a good signal, the 5G kicks in, and I lose internet. LOL how screwed up is that?

So ya, I still have the trashcan....
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

In side the TM Trash Can there are Qty-5 antenna wires. I "think" Qty-2 are for 5G, Qty-2 are for 4G, and
Qty-1 is for GPS. The modem can be lock to a location. But TM has not done this yet.

Again I "think" the first two wires are for 5G. So you could try removing the first two wires.
I would try this for you but my trash can is at a friends house.

See link for more clues
https://youtu.be/wXSpbP8NuWw
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”