WG3526 - EM160 4x4 Mimo update settings

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
hendo7085

WG3526 - EM160 4x4 Mimo update settings

Post by hendo7085 »

Good Afternoon!

First I want to thank everyone for your posts and assistance. They have helped so much on my build.

With that said, I do have an issue that i am hoping someone can help.

I have a WG3526 from The Wireless Haven with a EM160 PoE in a The Wireless Haven 4x4 Mimo enclosure. This setup, runs inside to an Archer A7 router for wifi inside the house. I really like this set up and has worked great up until a few months ago. The WG3526 started dropping the signal, mainly under load from what I can tell? I would reboot it and it would be fine for awhile. Then do it again. Maybe a couple of days. I had the 2.20.21 Firmware. I did read that there were a few having this issue as well.

My issue: I tried to update the Firmware to the Global 9/11 update. All worked well, I flashed it 3 times, etc. Everything seemed to be ok. However, my connection from the WG3526 to my router does not have a signal. I unplugged it and plugged it directly into my computer. It doesn't like the network it seems? I think it is a network setting somewhere? I can't seem to find the answer anywhere? I can connect over the wifi no problems, however I can't get a signal through my Ethernet cable. I have tried other cables too. It seems to work fine. I even reverted it back to the 2/20 calibration, and set up the PoE and it works like it did. I am sure it is a setting or something not set up? Any help or direction would be greatly appreciated! Thanks Have a great day!
Didneywhorl

Re: WG3526 - EM160 4x4 Mimo update settings

Post by Didneywhorl »

The new WG3526 firmware has to be setup for POE differently than before; new feature in openWRT 21x. The Switch menu has been removed.

I've been meaning to make a writeup.

POE Setup::: Bridge LAN interface with WAN :::: Go to menu: Network->Interfaces->Devices Tab->br-lan - Configure button->bridge ports->add Switch port: "wan"->Save->Save and Apply
NEXP1GO-WANLAN.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
hendo7085

Re: WG3526 - EM160 4x4 Mimo update settings

Post by hendo7085 »

AWESOME! Back in Business!

@Didneywhorl Thank you so much!!!!

I knew it had to be some switch or button to change it.

Return to “General and Unclassified”