T-Mobile One Plus International VS Calyx

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
iceburglar

T-Mobile One Plus International VS Calyx

Post by iceburglar »

I have two lines of T-Mobile One-Plus International, one for my cellphone and one as my main source of internet in a modem. I've been pretty happy with the service, it doesn't slow down too much during peak-hours and I use in the ballpark of 300gigs/month ( and only around 20gigs on the cellphone ). I spend nearly $90/mo apiece on these lines and I just added an ATT tablet plan ( needed service in an area where my T-Mo doesn't get signal ) for another $20/mo , putting my total wireless expense to about 200 bucks a month, I'm looking at reducing that.

The ATT plan probably is not suitable as my main internet source, while it's usually pretty fast I've seen it well below 5Mbps downstream during peak hours in some locations.

I'm wondering how Calyx service is prioritized compared to my current One Plus International plan, it would save some coin but I'd feel pretty silly for canceling my current lines that are no longer sold if it was lower priority / more throttled. I know sometimes it's best to leave well enough alone, but I'd like to spend less per month if I can maintain the same level of service on a different plan. Anyone used both Calyx and T-Mo One Plus International and able to compare them?
gscheb

Re: T-Mobile One Plus International VS Calyx

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Sorry this isn't what you are asking. Have you tried to see if you can get T-Mobile home internet? $50 per month unlimited legit data. In my experience was actually faster than T-Mobile One-Plus International,
iceburglar

Post by iceburglar »

gscheb wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 10:54 pm Hello,
Sorry this isn't what you are asking. Have you tried to see if you can get T-Mobile home internet? $50 per month unlimited legit data. In my experience was actually faster than T-Mobile One-Plus International,
It's all good, I'm open to other ideas. Addresses I currently receive mail at are ineligible for their home internet, but a mailbox service I used previously is eligible so I should be able to get a mailbox there again to start service. My qualm with going that route in the past was that I'm using this for a mobile application - not fixed in a home, but apparently others travel with their T-Mo home internet without issue.

Should I expect T-Mobile's home internet plan to receive higher priority than calyx? Calyx looks like 33/mo for 4G or 44/mo for 5G
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Yes from what I hear it is currently mobile solution. Not suppose to be but is. Would advise going that route. It is monthly so soon as it don't work cancel it. Also if you use magenta max and a TTL of 64 can use it in a router without paying higher amount for unlimited hotspot data

Return to “Internet Service Providers”