Help an idiot read Chinese :)

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
chadderbox1982

Help an idiot read Chinese :)

Post by chadderbox1982 »

Ok, so I'm brand new to this forum. I am moving to land next to the lake where satellite is my only option, however I am very close to T-mobile, Verizon, and somewhat close to ATT tower. I found this forum after researching unlimitedville, and began to slowly realize that it appears people are or maybe were using unlimited cell phone plans in their routers. I read everything about the mofi4400 and watched a bunch of videos and it seemed that was a good solution last year, but now I'm seeing maybe there are issues with IMEI matching or DDS or some other acronym I had never heard of before.

My question is, can someone help me just pick all the components I would need to get unlimited internet (preferably 5G) with T-mobile here in Texas or Verizon if needed. (ATT could be an option but signal is weaker). I don't have a budget, just whatever I need to spend up front to get actually unlimited internet. We sometimes use 400+ GBs a month at my house so all the 50gig plans aren't gonna cut it, and it seems the services like unlimitedville are kind of just overcharging you off for something you can probably do yourself. I read about the Mofi5500 and intsy Connect, its just all of this is so new to me, I wanted to check and make sure I didn't do something wrong before just ordering one of those and trying to add some antenna to it and buying another phone plan for a sim, etc.

If there is a simple solution and a group of items I should be purchasing and a specific cell phone or tablet plan to get the right SIM, I would really appreciate whatever help you smart people could offer. Thanks everybody!
Didneywhorl

Re: Help an idiot read Chinese :)

Post by Didneywhorl »

Shoot thewirelesshaven.com peeps an email and they can put together a full parts list to build whatever you need.

I just built a complete setup that replaced a Tmobile 5G home internet router:

4x4 MIMO outdoor enclosure antenna
Wg3526-P router
Quectel RM502Q-AE modem
POE powered and runs damn good.

All parts from The Wireless Haven, minimal magic needed.

The T-mobile home internet and Calyxinstitute.com donation reward hotspot are probably the easiest to get actually unlimited data plans.

The above setup is full on 5G and can be used on any carrier network.
chadderbox1982

Re: Help an idiot read Chinese :)

Post by chadderbox1982 »

Awesome, that sounds great, I'll email them. Thanks so much for responding, I've seen your name in so many of the threads, so thanks again for being so willing to help, you are the man! :)

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”