newest wg3526 firmware

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Adm1jtg

newest wg3526 firmware

Post by Adm1jtg »

Have been running the 5-18-2020 firmware since I went online with this unit. Decided to upgrade to the most current version that is the 9/11/21 version. Did a factory format aka back to chinese menu's to load it up and manually set the few values on the router. Basically APN, TTL and a change in IP address. All my wifi and such is controlled by another device.

All stats on the modem page looked the same as always except that of course the new version displays SINR where my old version did not.

Long story short I was clocking constantly and downloads were near impossible to complete, meaning extremely slow. At first I wrote it off to the weather as it had been raining here for about 3 days. After a few hours of this "not typical" activity I decided to flash back to the old 5-18-20 version I was on previously.

All speeds are back to their normal levels. All stats on modem page STILL read the same but no more clocking. I would clock about every three minutes on the newest firmware but since reloading about 2 hours ago have not clocked once.

Is anyone else having issues with this new build? I believe my "old" build is 18.06 and the new one is 20.02, thats a huge jump.

As stated above the box is a wg3526, ordered direct from zbt in china as The Wireless Haven was closed for covid at the time. Modem is an EP06-a

I did look into both the system and kernel logs and didnt see anything jump out at me.

Any ideas or suggestions would be much appreciated as of right now I guess I just need to stay on 5-18 build

Return to “Firmware”