LT500 firmware / t-mobile / hotspot setup

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Anteup777
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

LT500 firmware / t-mobile / hotspot setup

Post by Anteup777 »

Hey all! I tried to search and find this topic, but couldn't turn up much with the specific combination.

I've been trying to get reasonable reliable internet setup at my house for a month now. No cable and satellite won't work, however I do get decent cell service. I installed a cell signal booster and even get 5G sometimes where I live. Tried getting a regular hotspot through t mobile about 2 weeks ago, but we hit the high speed data cap so fast its stupid. (Gonna return it tomorrow).

So I started searching the internet. Found out about this "Cudy" router/hotspot or LT500 as I see it's called here. In the video the guy said it was plug n play, so I ordered it off Amazon. I tried running my cell phone SIM through it and adjusting settings accordingly, but no cigar.

I see that when ya'll sell it here you offer some firmware attached to enable additional settings. Would you all be willing to sell that to me or do I need to buy the unit from you with it pre-installed? (The one I ordered does say it's "Unlocked", whatever that means)

For reference I'm a sprint legacy customer on a t-mobile plan, I believe it is a T-mobile SIM though.
Didneywhorl

Re: LT500 firmware / t-mobile / hotspot setup

Post by Didneywhorl »

The latest firmware from Cudy has the features now. https://thewirelesshaven.com/LT500-firmware-latest

This is why you don't buy from Amazon, no support. ;) Plus thewirelesshaven.com has it cheaper.

Is it a hotspot or tablet or cell phone plan you're using?

Return to “General and Unclassified”