WG3526 and GoldenOrb Settings

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
LTE_boi
Been thanked: 0

WG3526 and GoldenOrb Settings

Post by LTE_boi »

I have two WG3526s and one Visible SIM. I have noted this puzzling behavior on both devices.

When using the stock Chinese firmware, I cannot hold a steady connection longer than 3-4 minutes before it drops. When it is working, I can access any website from any device without issue.

After flashing to GoldenOrb, specifically WiFiX-NEXP1GO-GO2021-09-11a I can hold a steady connection indefinitely. However, certain websites simply will not load when I attempt to access them over WiFi from either my personal or work-issued Android phone. Eventually I get an ERR_CONNECTION_CLOSED message in Chrome.

On a PC, this issue does not exist. When running an AT&T SIM in both units or either the stock Chinese or GoldenOrb firmware, this issue does not exist.

Any ideas on how to correct this issue?
Didneywhorl

Re: WG3526 and GoldenOrb Settings

Post by Didneywhorl »

Did you flash the firmware to the routers like 3x in a row and uncheck the "save settings" box?

Sometimes the oddest junk stays in there when you update firmware, especially if you try and save your old settings.
Adm1jtg

Re: WG3526 and GoldenOrb Settings

Post by Adm1jtg »

I would go back to a full factory reset... where you get the chinese load screen and try to load the firmware clean. If you get the same results I would go back a version and see if the problem still exists.

There is a previous version posted in the same area from feb 2021

There is also a version from rooter from aug 2021 you could also try

In each case I would say do a compete factory format before loading and do not restore any backups.

Return to “General and Unclassified”