US Mobile Tethering

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

US Mobile Tethering

Post by gscheb »

Hello,
Want to know if anyone has experience tethering US Mobile service? With or with out the paid hot spot option. On Verizon or T-Mobile. Don't plan on using allot it would be supplemental data. Currently use about 100 gigs on Visible. Just been starting to have phone issues with Visible the last month. Phone calls not available and failed text messages.
mtl26637

Re: US Mobile Tethering

Post by mtl26637 »

3 unlimited lines here. I don't 'tether' but i'm sure it would work the same as tethering a true 'tmob' or 'vzw' line. I have two vzw and one tmob. They pulled a huge dik move a month or so back and took there 'unlimited' vzw plan and made it limited so now the vzw unlimited chops off at 75GB and the 'unlimited' tmob plan chops off at 50GB if I recall correctly. This pissed me off pretty good as its the only reason I had just switched to them in the 1st place, but haven't wanted to go through the hassle of switching providers again so I got over it for now. All of that being said I did actually hit that cutoff limit on the tmob line one month, however, I hit the 'hotspot' limit rather than total allowed limit because I forgot TTL. I've not used these plans enough to go over the total limits to see if I get throttled that way but will update if I do. All in all I'm satisfied with them as they do NOT run your connection through extra crap on their end of things. You use the providers apn for each one and i've seen no differences between these lines and real providers lines. My tmob signal sucks but my vzw signal here is at house is pretty good and I average 150-200 down on that line. Oh ya, and at 25/mo per line and includes a perk (I went with hbomax) its pretty good if you can deal with the caps.
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Yes seen where they changed things on the Verizon plans. Now been talking to the chat people and from what I understand is that it isn't a hard throttle after your 50 or 75 GB. But a possibility of being de-prioritized. Said some people wouldn't be slowed at all depending on your location.
Used to be very satisfied with visible. But about the same time people starting having issues with TTL hacks not working anymore is about the same time my phone quite working as it should.
The only thing I see that really don't like about these usmobile plans is no wifi calling Verizon. Which would be best for me. Have T-Mobile coverage but it is spotty. But still considered trying it for the WiFi calling. In our half basement nothing works without it.
Do like how you can mix and match different providers on same family plan.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

gscheb wrote: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:49 am Yes seen where they changed things on the Verizon plans. Now been talking to the chat people and from what I understand is that it isn't a hard throttle after your 50 or 75 GB. But a possibility of being de-prioritized. Said some people wouldn't be slowed at all depending on your location.
I'll be curious what happens if/when I pass that upper limit cuz when I hit that hotspot limit I was like 7 days in for the month and my data went to almost zero for rest of the month. Made that line useless for the remainder of that month. I hope it is just deprioritization but if it's anything like their hotspot cutoff then its not.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”