usb hotspot after x hours 4g disappears

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
brcisna
Been thanked: 0

usb hotspot after x hours 4g disappears

Post by brcisna »

Hello All,

Am waiting on an Sierra Wirelss modem to arrive for a new setup am wanting to try.
In the meantime, two days ago, started using my new ZTE blade7 phone with visible as a usb tethered hotspot.
Am just leaving it plugged into a server that in turns feeds one client machine in house.
Like clockwork in about 2 to 2.5 hours internet stops. After several times of this happening i know exactly what i am going to see on the phone. The '4G' icon has disappeared and at top of screen it does say 'no internet connection'. If i unplug phone from usb cable from phone it takes about 5 minutes and eventually the '4G' icon is showing close to signal strength bars on phone and internet is working fine,
WHen it does work,i get the advertised 5MB down,speed flawlessly.
The phone is not hot at all.

Ideas.
Isnt a real big deal as i am hoping my modem arrives in a few days for the actual setup which will of course eliminate the phone.

Thanks
Rich Hathaway

Re: usb hotspot after x hours 4g disappears

Post by Rich Hathaway »

you can keep that from happening by making a simple script to reboot your device every how ever often you need it to.
You can use the adb port and use "adb reboot"
Or you can use the diag port, the reboot command for that zte is 29200, but first send 29100 to put it into offline-D mode so when you send the reboot command it will boot back up to power, if you dont use offline-D first it will boot to power off charge only mode
or you could also make a script to ping the tower every min or 2 to keep the data connection alive if you need to not reboot the device or something.
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Is the Carrier AT&T by chance??
Earl_the_Pearl

Post by Earl_the_Pearl »

Dr-BroadBand wrote: Sun Sep 12, 2021 4:01 pm Is the Carrier AT&T by chance??
Verizon's Visible.

Return to “General and Unclassified”