EM12-G on TMobile?

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jasonh

EM12-G on TMobile?

Post by jasonh »

Hey,

Would anyone be able to check their EM12-G IMEI on TMobile's Bring Your Own Phone check?

https://www.t-mobile.com/resources/brin ... eiextender

Just wanting to know if it's blocked on their network or not before I make the purchase.

Thanks!
derekjsmith

Re: EM12-G on TMobile?

Post by derekjsmith »

Quectel Quectel EM12-G
IMEI: 8697XXXXXXXXXXX

This device is fully compatible with T-Mobile’s network technology.
This device is not blocked from use on our network.
jasonh

Post by jasonh »

Thanks very much!
kz333
Has thanked: 0

Post by kz333 »

Can confirm, EM12-G works great on T-Mobile

The update works great too: Firmware EM12GPAR01A21M4G_01.004.01.004

Use QFlash to update it: https://github.com/4IceG/EM12-G/
Trg733
Been thanked: 0

Post by Trg733 »

Hi Guys,

I'm new, very new.

I can't answer the question.

I would like to ask one.

I have a Quectel-ep 12 modem with NEXQ6GO-M installed. I live in Rural area about 8 miles from tower.
I have TMobile. I wanted to take my Sim from my phone and see if it will work for internet access.

I don't know how to connect ( install) everything and get Internet access.

Can anyone assist me please?

Thanks.
Trg733
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Trg733 wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 10:48 am Hi Guys,
I'm new, very new.
I can't answer the question.
I would like to ask one.
I have a Quectel-ep 12 modem with NEXQ6GO-M installed. I live in Rural area about 8 miles from tower.
I have TMobile. I wanted to take my Sim from my phone and see if it will work for internet access.
I don't know how to connect ( install) everything and get Internet access.
Can anyone assist me please
If you have the wifix/rooter fimware on it can follow this tutorial link.
The only different inputs needed are show below in blue.

APN=fast.t-mobile.com
TTL= 64

https://thewirelesshaven.com/wifix-firm ... c0f5c-efc9

If you really are 8 miles away probably going to need outside antenna.
Trg733

Post by Trg733 »

Thanks all for replies.

I did more checking on my distance- according to OpenSignal Play store app, I'm about 2-3 miles from tMobile tower.

My cell phone is only internet I have. My pdf reader so far won't open the pdf you suggested...

https://thewirelesshaven.com/wifix-firm ... c0f5c-efc9

I'm trying different c-pho reader from hopeful success.

I'll stay in touch.

Thank you all again.
Trg733

Post by Trg733 »

Hi All,

I have found out that Verizon's network may provide a stronger signal in my area - therefore maybe better to receive a Cell signal. I intend to try VISIBLE for the service.

Will Visible work as a cell provider? Are there any specific things I should do to correctly use Visible?

Is there a link to install ( flash the Quectel-ep 12 modem with NEXQ6GO-M and complete the modem/ router) to my desktop using Visible?

Thank you guys for the kind, patient, and clear help.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

I'm not sure why visible seems to be the most popular 'goto' carrier for the vzw network? From various posts over the past year they seem to be the worst. Requiring running all traffic through VPN to TTL settings to possible additional DPI software to much worse latency. IMO, I wouldn't even consider them as they seem to be one of the only carriers that actively try to stop any LTE traffic that is not phone related.

There are many other networks out there. Some still require additional settings but not near as much work as visible seems to be. Also, there seems to be many more providers out there these days offering 'unlimited' plans (for what thats worth). I personally like US-Mobile, however, they do have caps on their 'unlimited' plans but offer plans on the vzw and tmo networks. I think the caps are something like 75GB/mo on vzw and 50GB/mo on tmo. I believe at that point they may just deprioritize you rather than cut you off. Pricing is reasonable esp. if you have at least 3 lines which is 25/mo with 3 or more plans. Hell, they also offer perks for things like streaming services. I have all my phones and such with them now so I get 2 perks which basically gives me credit for 2 streaming services basically making those 2 services free.

TLDR, visible would be my very last provider I'd recommend.
Trg733

Post by Trg733 »

Mtl26637,

Thank you for the reply.

Your information is very helpful. I don't know about others, I'm still new at this. With what littler I do know, Visible has a basic monthly cost of about $40/month, ??unlimited data, minutes, messages, hot spot data, etc. that seem to maybe favorably affect cost. It is because of this... marketing, and the Verizon network that provides a stronger signal in my area that has me leaning that way.

Based on your comments about US-mobile and Verizon directly, I may lean toward US-Mobile with a closer review. I do not how to set the modem/router up, so the less technical inputs (VPN,TTL, DPI, etc. all of which I do not yet know how to input, where, and why) I need to follow to get the modem functioning the better until I figure out to make it all work. I purchased my router/modem for over a year ago and still have yet to put power to them.

I am in a rural area and the cell signal is very weak for just calling, particularly weak for internet access via my phone.
I would prefer to get something that works well and cost more, compared to barely working and maybe cost less.
Maybe I will get lucky and US-Mobile is on the Version network.

Thanks again.
Enjoy your week.

Return to “Quectel Modems”