Flat Panel Options

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
gabe1475

Flat Panel Options

Post by gabe1475 »

Question on flat panels. I noticed The Wireless Haven sells Flat Panels where the antenna is single configuration which can be mounted in MIMO x polarity installation, the the one below.

https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/cellul ... l-antenna/

They also sell one that includes both in one antenna with two N Connectors like this one below.

https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/cellul ... connector/

Is either better than the other. At first I was thinking two antennas each rated at 15dbi is better than the one, but not really sure. If they are the same, seems like the antenna with only one housing is the way to go.
Adm1jtg

Re: Flat Panel Options

Post by Adm1jtg »

I would think the panel with 2 inputs simply has 2 elements inside it. Like 2 antennas in one enclosure.
gabe1475

Post by gabe1475 »

Adm1jtg wrote: Tue Aug 24, 2021 6:34 pm I would think the panel with 2 inputs simply has 2 elements inside it. Like 2 antennas in one enclosure.
Agree, I was really more interested in the db ratings. Sounds like there is no gain to be had by going with the individual units.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The single and the double are virtually identical in gain rating per antenna port. The 2x2 is just more convenient.

They are going to be renamed soon to the "High Beam" antennas, I believe. :)

Return to “Cellular Antennas”