Hi anyone have some experience

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Ivanesteva90

Hi anyone have some experience

Post by Ivanesteva90 »

Hi anyone have any experience with this device

Amarok (GL-X1200) Industrial IoT Gateway | Dual-band | 4G LTE.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Hi anyone have some experience

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

If this is your first set up would go with something from the The Wireless Haven store.

Would get more help and support. :ugeek:

The hardware is the easy part getting SIM/data plan is the trick
Ivanesteva90

Post by Ivanesteva90 »

I need something stable I got before Something from here but I don't get stability.
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

Do you need 5g WiFi? Are you going to use your own WiFi home router or a mesh network? If you don't need 5g or are going to use your own home router/mesh then the NEXQ6GO The Wireless Haven works great.
Ivanesteva90

Post by Ivanesteva90 »

derekjsmith wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 4:03 pm Do you need 5g WiFi? Are you going to use your own WiFi home router or a mesh network? If you don't need 5g or are going to use your own home router/mesh then the NEXQ6GO The Wireless Haven works great.
Hi thanks yeah is enough for mi lte , but only a kit stable , which modem I can use? Thanks again ,
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

Ivanesteva90 wrote: Sat Aug 21, 2021 8:55 pm Hi thanks yeah is enough for mi lte , but only a kit stable , which modem I can use? Thanks again ,
I've got an EM12 in both of my LTE routers, no issues.
Ivanesteva90

Post by Ivanesteva90 »

derekjsmith wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 12:22 am I've got an EM12 in both of my LTE routers, no issues.
Thanks , wow do you have two LTE ROUTERS,
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

Ivanesteva90 wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 4:21 am Thanks , wow do you have two LTE ROUTERS,
Actually I've got 3, two with the EM12 and the other with a EM7455. All connected to a TP-LINK ER605 router for load balancing.
derekjsmith

Post by derekjsmith »

The reason for this antenna array. 3 pairs of crossed polarized. Each pair going to a LTE router. This is 8 miles from the tower over two ridges heavily forested in the Cascade mountains .
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ivanesteva90

Post by Ivanesteva90 »

derekjsmith wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:10 pm The reason for this antenna array. 3 pairs of crossed polarized. Each pair going to a LTE router. This is 8 miles from the tower over two ridges heavily forested in the Cascade mountains .
Thanks for share,
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

derekjsmith wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:03 pm Actually I've got 3, two with the EM12 and the other with a EM7455. All connected to a TP-LINK ER605 router for load balancing.
So this TP-LINK ER605 combines all the speeds into one?
DonJuane

Post by DonJuane »

Not meant to be a wise-ass remark but genuinely curious why with open space available, everyone without question seems to crowd antennas so closely? It seems for ultimate diversity one might split at least the 4 over two seperate router boxes and two seperate poles. Also wonder why everyone always mounts the out of phase yagi antennas right on top of each rather than spreading out as much as practical within at least the full extended range of the short cable runs going into the router box?

The fact that mimo technology demands cheating by nature (e.g. stacking multiple antennas on small phone PCB or putting rows of them mounted around the perimeter of a small metal router box and with the design seemingly wrapped only around what will sell and with no real consideration for mimo channel isolation), the trend seems overwhelmingly to not consider inter-transmitter interference and to just get the antenna apart where any distance will do with none being too-short. Logically since cell phones rely on the mimo technology today, perhaps the part I am missing is that this close proximity to other companion transmitting antennas is someone handled within the firmware handling.

I would also be curious about the large dish some use and recommend, the one with 2-4 mimo antennas packed into a single module at the focal point of the dish, and why this would be chosen over several single dishes for individual mimo antennas. The answer to this may be that the mimo concept design (again) is such that the firmware of the communication devices expects antennas to be near lying on top of each other. Still I wonder if anyone has done any testing to see how much that extended seperation for the antennas would improve the overall performance.
mtl26637

Post by mtl26637 »

For 2x2 MIMO and "X" phase I don't think it would make much difference since the signals are out of phase, however, if working with 4x4 then yes, spread them apart. It wouldn't hurt to spread the 2x2 setup apart either since there could potentially be some interference I suppose.

While mounting my antennas I did try to separate the antennas as much as possible, however, when mounting on a tower structure it takes additional hardware to extend 'horizontally' and then turn back vertical to ultimately mount the antenna. That extra hardware added to the weight and wind load to the tower and additional cable lengths and was kinda a pain to get setup when working high up on the tower. Was hard to make adjustments to the antennas once mounted in a horizontal pattern also since they were extended out from the tower. I eventually went back to just spreading them out as far as possible vertically along the tower, LOL.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

For me was much simplier. One hole to have to feed the cabes through and buy 2 cables of identical length

Return to “General and Unclassified”