NEXQ6GO Installing Latest Golden Orb

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
rbrtio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NEXQ6GO Installing Latest Golden Orb

Post by rbrtio »

All,

I am attempting to install the latest version of Golden Orb on the NEXQ6GO device I just purchased.

I need the wireguard functionality that the later kernel provides which is why I am trying to upgrade.

I am only able to find "upgrade" versions included in the zip files of the current release at the Golden Orb website which don't work via the WiFix web interface or the recovery website of the device.

The WiFix web interface says I am not using the right format and the recovery interface takes the file and ends up in a boot loop.

I can recovery from the boot loop by going back into recovery mode and re-installing the factory WiFix firmware, but that isn't helping me make progress.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Robert
Didneywhorl

Re: NEXQ6GO Installing Latest Golden Orb

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hey Robert,

Make sure your using WE826Q/NEXQ6GO firmware versus the WE826T2 firmware.

Also, I've seen the boot looping. Load it and let it do the boot loop a few times. Then unplug it and let it sit for a few minutes, then plug it back in and let it do its thing for like 10 minutes. Then see if it chills out. I've seen this on first time firmware loads on that router. Its odd as heck, but it can work.

The firmware recovery is the only way to load it when the UI refuses.
rbrtio
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by rbrtio »

Thank you for the suggestion!

I did figure it out after "dorking" with it a while and as you say I let it loop over and over and then unplugged it and it finally sorted itself out.

In reading through various materials, I wonder if the upgrade isn't booting fast enough to satisfy the watchdog that the Qualcomm variants have.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

The NEXQ6GO, latest batch, I've not been able to get to reboot from the watchdog. The Wireless Haven is ordering their routers without the hardware watchdog.

Return to “General and Unclassified”