Visible Sim Card Activation

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gabe1475

Visible Sim Card Activation

Post by gabe1475 »

Hi,

new to this form and feel like I have a lot to learn. Planning on doing a build using NEXQ6GO router along with guides found on this forum, planning on using with a Visible Sim. Feel like I could get through it based on the guides on this form.

Question relates to activating a Visible sim card since I typically use T-mobile and do not have access to a Verizon phone. Will any old Verizon phone work for this purpose, or do I need to purchase a newer phone?
Didneywhorl

Re: Visible Sim Card Activation

Post by Didneywhorl »

Honestly it should work, Verizon and Tmobile phones seem to be pretty interchangeable.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

It's been a few months since I signed up for Visible but I remember having to download and run the Visible app to "activate the Sim"
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

if I remember to activate a sim for visible it must be installed into a "vsible approved device" aka one of the devices listed on their certified list. Luskily when I was messing with it I had an old original generation pixel xl which just happens to be on their approved list. i have seen others post that when you sign up for visible you can get a free phoneand they just used that free phone to activate the sim then threw the phone in a drawer.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Adm1jtg wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 10:30 pm if I remember to activate a sim for visible it must be installed into a "vsible approved device" aka one of the devices listed on their certified list. Luskily when I was messing with it I had an old original generation pixel xl which just happens to be on their approved list. i have seen others post that when you sign up for visible you can get a free phoneand they just used that free phone to activate the sim then threw the phone in a drawer.
That's indeed the official policy. When I was having coverage issues, the multiple CS remarked multiple times that I need to run their app on an "visible approved device" but they just want something that's not crippled by another vendor.

I activated on a rooted Moto and it worked as advertised.

My issue was visible is not designed for me - a person who depends on LTE because I literally have no wired options.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

I would agree I used visible for a little while but ended up with my long term solution being with verizon directly
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

Adm1jtg wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:33 am I would agree I used visible for a little while but ended up with my long term solution being with verizon directly
Hello, what plan on Verizon and how did you set it up?
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Well like so many others in here I am on a plan verizon no longer offers, It was a loyalty plan specifically for 55+ customers
gabe1475

Post by gabe1475 »

Thank you. I just realized my tmobile phone is unlocked and had no issue. Is this a deal where I have to keep the phone I activate it with unused?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

gabe1475 wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2021 1:58 pm Thank you. I just realized my tmobile phone is unlocked and had no issue. Is this a deal where I have to keep the phone I activate it with unused?
Would say no. Have got a couple of phones thru them for the kids on my number. Then gave the new phone to them to use on actual verizon service. In my account will still show that phone that I purchased thru them and don't use. And my visible sim is in a different phone all together.
Actually you don't even have to provide your imei to get service. If you just say you have an older iphone thru verizon that is unlocked will send you a sim without verifying imei. That one has been in a router for two years now.
gabe1475

Post by gabe1475 »

got it, thanks.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”