Goldenorb configuration

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Tomwitt
Has thanked: 0

Goldenorb configuration

Post by Tomwitt »

Hello, I am completely new to building and configuring cellular modems in routers. I purchased the WG1608D-M and Quectel EM160R-GL. I installed the Quec and connected the antennas labeled 5G to M and D/G and the antennas labeled 4g/5g to M1 and M2. I inserted the Calyx sim using the adapter. The log shows I am connected, however, my computer connected to the router can not reach the internet. I am used to configuring routers, but I am obviously doing something wrong here.

Thank You!
jorguez1167
Been thanked: 0

Re: Goldenorb configuration

Post by jorguez1167 »

your computer needs to have a static ip that is in the same subnet mask with your router. Check your TCPip settings on your computer make sure they are not set to DHCP.

I found this video on YouTube see if this helps. good luck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PMzQumIv0w
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Are you sure you have configured the apn correctly?
BillA

Post by BillA »

Tomwitt wrote: Wed Aug 11, 2021 4:50 pm Hello, I am completely new to building and configuring cellular modems in routers. I purchased the WG1608D-M and Quectel EM160R-GL. I installed the Quec and connected the antennas labeled 5G to M and D/G and the antennas labeled 4g/5g to M1 and M2. I inserted the Calyx sim using the adapter. The log shows I am connected, however, my computer connected to the router can not reach the internet. I am used to configuring routers, but I am obviously doing something wrong here.

Thank You!

I believe Calyx uses the legacy Sprint network, first I would test the sim card in a compatible phone for both calls and web before moving it back into the router.
Set the APN to "r.ispsn" (without the quotes) in the router.
Not sure about the TTL for Sprint, but you could try 64/65/66, reboot the router after each setting, then wait about 5 minutes to register to the network before testing the web.
Someone on here who's more familiar with Calyx might be able to help you further.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Are you using the new 5G Calyx SIM?

Try deleting the IPV6 prefix under the menu: Network->Interfaces. Should be at the bottom or on a tab called Global something. click Save and Apply.
FullCharge

Post by FullCharge »

I am curious about this same scenario, since I have a Calyx 5G (M2000) hotspot. Our location is a bit rural and the speeds are pretty slow at just 1-2 Mbps, due to a really weak signal. Need better antennas to make this work faster.

I'm thinking of getting an LTE router and a nice omnidirectional outdoor antenna in hopes it will boost speed (and allow us to block the Sprint bands in favor of possibly finding a faster T-Mobile signal)

However, I saw this post about IPV6 issues when using a Sprint 5G sim card. Has anyone confirmed that a 5G Sprint sim will work in an LTE router? Hoping to get at least 10 Mbps and think this might be possible with some new hardware - but mostly wondering about the 5G sim card situation. I don't need 5G, but it sounds like these sim cards might be harder to repurpose into other hardware.

Hoping someone might know this

Thank you!
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I'm still trying to troubleshoot some odd issues with the Calyx 5G SIM in just about any openWRT based router I have. It works, but odd things don't work most of the time. The IPV6 base of the SIMs account type or something is just not fully 100% working and I'm not big brained enough to see it. yet.
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:59 pm I'm still trying to troubleshoot some odd issues with the Calyx 5G SIM in just about any openWRT based router I have. It works, but odd things don't work most of the time. The IPV6 base of the SIMs account type or something is just not fully 100% working and I'm not big brained enough to see it. yet.
If you're having issues w/ Calyx, I would say most people should not look into using the Calyx in an openWRT based router.

I was thinking of looking into it, but after this input will skip it.
Burno

Post by Burno »

Didneywhorl wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 7:59 pm I'm still trying to troubleshoot some odd issues with the Calyx 5G SIM in just about any openWRT based router I have. It works, but odd things don't work most of the time. The IPV6 base of the SIMs account type or something is just not fully 100% working and I'm not big brained enough to see it. yet.
I have a calyx 5G hotspot I was planning to use with a better modem, but if it is not possible - would buying the LTE hotspot provide a sim that would work better with openWRT?

The area I'm at has only LTE currently anyways, but I need some external antennas.

Return to “General and Unclassified”