Anyone having connection issues recently on AT&T?

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
DoubleEcho
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Anyone having connection issues recently on AT&T?

Post by DoubleEcho »

I’m using a $50/m Autopay AT&T plan on a x750 spitz running GoldenOrb. Signal strength is around 40% and stays on B4 most of the day and does CA with B66 or B12 when I’m assuming the tower is congested.

I’ll get disconnected normally once a day or less per my connection log and I have connection monitoring set up to reconnect me if it goes down. But the past couple weeks I’ve been disconnected a hell of a lot. Sometimes multiple times an hour. Could this be because of the leaves on the trees or do you think it’s tower or service related? I’ve been running this about a year and only use about 300G a month. Mostly my usage is streaming TV/movies and light VPN usage for work from home
LoveMeSomeCALTE

Re: Anyone having connection issues recently on AT&T?

Post by LoveMeSomeCALTE »

Might be dependent on area but in the CA desert but my AT&T iPAD plan has been rock solid and as advertised. I don't abuse it and download TBs of data.

On the other hand, I have 2 separate T-mobile SIMs and T-mobile has been aggressively throttling. This is a complete 180 from what they used to do for years ago before they acquired Sprint where AT&T was my backup and T-mobile was my primary.

I am starting to look into Cricket to increase my AT&T exposure because of this.
BillA

Re: Anyone having connection issues recently on AT&T?

Post by BillA »

DoubleEcho wrote: Tue Aug 03, 2021 4:15 pm I’m using a $50/m Autopay AT&T plan on a x750 spitz running GoldenOrb. Signal strength is around 40% and stays on B4 most of the day and does CA with B66 or B12 when I’m assuming the tower is congested.

I’ll get disconnected normally once a day or less per my connection log and I have connection monitoring set up to reconnect me if it goes down. But the past couple weeks I’ve been disconnected a hell of a lot. Sometimes multiple times an hour. Could this be because of the leaves on the trees or do you think it’s tower or service related? I’ve been running this about a year and only use about 300G a month. Mostly my usage is streaming TV/movies and light VPN usage for work from home

Here are some possible solutions for the ATT connection dropping.

Turns out that ATT uses a transparent DNS proxy which has the tendency of dropping the connection on no activity or pretty much randomly. A solution to keep the mobile connection alive constantly is by streaming a web page in the background such as this stock quote link:

https://www.tradingview.com/chart/?symbol=BTCUSD

It should be run in a web browser on any device which is constantly connected to the router (24/7) such as a phone, tablet, or preferably a PC because even a minimized browser window/tab is being updated in the background. It uses very little data while keeping the connection alive. And might as well trade some Bitcoin to get rich (or poor). lol Ever since I started to use this link, I haven't had a single disconnection for months, your mileage may vary.

As an additional measure, you could also enable the The Wireless Haven Ping Test or Connection Monitoring to restart the modem, but only one option should be used at a time in order to avoid any conflicts.

Services > The Wireless Haven Ping Test > set it to Enabled
OR but not both
Modem > Connection Profile > Default Profile > Connection Monitoring > there are several restart options available to try

Return to “Internet Service Providers”