MC7455 & Verizion Unlimited Plan?

Sierra Wireless AirPrime Modem Card Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
swwifty

MC7455 & Verizion Unlimited Plan?

Post by swwifty »

Is anyone using the new verizon unlimited plan with a Sierra MC7455 modem? I'm wanting to try this setup, but I honestly have no clue how to get a sim, and sign up for the service? Any input would be helpful. Thanks.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: MC7455 & Verizion Unlimited Plan?

Post by JimHelms »

Here is the new $65 unlimited prepaid Verizon HOTSPOT plan.

I have heard of people purchasing a used Pantech UML290VW-G off eBay for a few bucks, and using that IMEI to activate their plan. Once they receive the SIM card from Verizon, it's placed directly into a MC7455 configured router and used for activation.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

Thanks Jim for the info, but I'm not seeing in the link where the unlimited prepaid verizon plan is? I only see one that is $45 and limited to 15GB?
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

Should be accessable HERE.

Prepaid Unlimited.png

Shop Now:

Prepaid Bring your own device.png

Once you select Bring your own device, it will ask you for the IMEI to check. After entering:

Pantech.png

You can request they send you the SIM Card

Choose Plan.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

Thanks Jim for the detailed screenshot!

It looks like this is a pre-paid month to month plan? Was just looking to test this out for now.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Post by JimHelms »

swwifty wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:54 pm Thanks Jim for the detailed screenshot!

It looks like this is a pre-paid month to month plan? Was just looking to test this out for now.
Yes, it is a no contract plan.
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

Hello All,
I'm new to this hobby, and this site, so please bear with me as I will have MANY questions.
That said, As I wait for my WE826-T2--and 7455 modem, I got the Verizon unlimited plan (pre pay)--call this #888-519-2622 --they then patched me to a another person when I told them I needed a NEW sim card, (sent free)-that was a lie, they could have activated my old card--don't ask how I know!!

Also had to pay for it UPFRONT, it was $75.and change--depending on your stat tax ect.
I will also add, I thought this HAD to be a (jetpack or tablet) also wrong I believe--so I bought a cheap working jetpack off fleabay--and I used that IMEI.

As I await my router, I put the sim in my Pantech 295, stuck in my Cradlepoint MBR95---now when I go to the Verizon prepaid site, it KNOWS that it is in my Pantech??---but if I go back and login using my jetpack--it shows that??

What I really wanted to share is, if you go on fleabay, you can buy refill cards for $25.?? for 40.00 credit--so 2 of those, around 52.00@ month for second month--with 10.00 bucks left over??
here is link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... c&LH_BIN=1

Soooo--I will need some help setting up my new (toy)oh, I mean router---so I hope some of you ol salts will help me out.
Thanks, Rocky
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

RockyinNM wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:03 pm Hello All,
I'm new to this hobby, and this site, so please bear with me as I will have MANY questions.
That said, As I wait for my WE826-T2--and 7455 modem, I got the Verizon unlimited plan (pre pay)--call this #888-519-2622 --they then patched me to a another person when I told them I needed a NEW sim card, (sent free)-that was a lie, they could have activated my old card--don't ask how I know!!

Also had to pay for it UPFRONT, it was $75.and change--depending on your stat tax ect.
I will also add, I thought this HAD to be a (jetpack or tablet) also wrong I believe--so I bought a cheap working jetpack off fleabay--and I used that IMEI.

As I await my router, I put the sim in my Pantech 295, stuck in my Cradlepoint MBR95---now when I go to the Verizon prepaid site, it KNOWS that it is in my Pantech??---but if I go back and login using my jetpack--it shows that??

What I really wanted to share is, if you go on fleabay, you can buy refill cards for $25.?? for 40.00 credit--so 2 of those, around 52.00@ month for second month--with 10.00 bucks left over??
here is link: https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... c&LH_BIN=1

Soooo--I will need some help setting up my new (toy)oh, I mean router---so I hope some of you ol salts will help me out.
Thanks, Rocky
Have you tried putting the sim in the MC7455 yet?
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

Have you tried putting the sim in the MC7455 yet?

I have NOT-long story--do not have router/modem yet!!--running in my Pantech 295, stuck in Cradlepoint 95---43 mps down--14.5 up
that said--looking around flebay, bought 2 $40.00 refill card for $47.50---and I found this unlimited card, to sign up for that plan---read everything--but it looks like you can get on board for 47.??, instead of the $75.??, I paid!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Verizon-HOTSPO ... 0290.m3507
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

I would just use the unlimited plan that you already signed up for.

Buying sims on ebay seems risky, especially when you don't need to do that.
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

Thanks, just sharing, if someone was thinking of this plan--they could save a few$$$
I did buy a couple $40.00 refill cards for 47.50---I will let you all know how it goes, when I pay my account,
Rocky
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

Not for me--Verizon already got there pound of flesh from me!--Just saying if others are contemplating this plan--there are cheaper ways to go about it.

Rocky
swwifty

Post by swwifty »

Ordered myself a Verizon sim with the unlimited plan to test.

Does anyone know what size sim they send? Just realized I might need an adapter.
RockyinNM

Post by RockyinNM »

I think it is called a 3FF--it is NOT the smallest, nor full size.
I had to go from med. to full size.
On another side note--me being a newbie to this type of testing, with my WE826-T2, (I did not build myself)--with it sitting right side up and looking at the sim slot--the sim went with contacts facing upward, and the cut corner on the right. I hope this makes sense.
Also if you add another line, you will get the data plan for $50.00-plus whatever kind of line you add--and then pay with refill cards, I bought this AM 3 (40.00)for 72.00= to $120.00---your mileage may vary, Rocky
unbunchster
Been thanked: 0

Post by unbunchster »

JimHelms wrote: Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:39 pm purchasing a used Pantech UML290VW-G off eBay for a few bucks, and using that IMEI to activate their plan. Once they receive the SIM card from Verizon, it's placed directly into a MC7455 configured router and used for activation.
And IMEI automagically updated? Seems like this requires an agent intervention. When I move sim from activated device_f to new device_g the new device is activated into a new line of service in the account plus a hefty 'activation' fee.

:(

Return to “Sierra Wireless Modems”