WE826 Verizon?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Swifty
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

WE826 Verizon?

Post by Swifty »

This is my first post and apologize for my lack of knowledge in this area of my life...

I recently bought a travel trailer/5th wheel and it came with an on-board wifi network to control all the different components. I can also buy a data plan through their proprietary agreement with AT&T for $65/month for 10GB, which seems outrageously extensive. I pulled out the router and noticed it is a WE826, so I found instructions to flash it with Rooter firmware and reset the SID back to factory so that all the components still work and then tried to put a Verizon SIM card into it, but it didn't seem to like the Verizon SIM and APN. This brings me to two questions:

1. Does the WE826 support Verizon?

2. I was hoping that I could take the SIM card out of my Verizon iPad and put it into the WE826, since it isn't likely that I will need to be connected to cellular on my iPad at the same time I am using my iPad.

Thank you!

Swifty
Didneywhorl

Re: WE826 Verizon?

Post by Didneywhorl »

Welcome!

The modem inside the we826 is the key here. Also Verizon tablet and phone plans require the device (modem) imei to match that of the device registered to the SIM card. The ability to change that cannot be supported here, as its an FCC no-no, but other places have this info.

Verizon will for sure work in it, you just need a few tweaks.

And yeah, $65 a month is rape for 10GB of data
Adm1jtg

Re: WE826 Verizon?

Post by Adm1jtg »

I know for a fact this can be done though I used an old phone that now sits in a drawer turned off. That said if your tablet will EVER go back on verizon network it will likely cause you lots oh potential headaches, having 2 active devices with the same imei is bad news.

For a more :legal" solution many have found visible to be a good choice. It uses the verizon network and is like $25 a month, if I recall you will need to mess with ttl settings to get around the 5gb cap but other then that might be a better cheaper and more legal alternative to what your proposing.

Return to “General and Unclassified”