RM500Q-AE signal information

Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
mtl26637

RM500Q-AE signal information

Post by mtl26637 »

When running the command "AT+QRSRP" I have always received the following response when in 5G ENDC mode:

Code: Select all

AT+QRSRP
+QRSRP: -94,-88,-44,-44,NR5G
OK
As you can see the first 2 levels of power are showing correctly, but I have always received the default "-44" for the 2nd two outputs. Can anyone confirm that this is normal output for this command or does anyone actually get a valid response on all 4 outputs? Trying to actually confirm that all 4 antenna ports are actually working and aggregating since I can't seem to get the speeds I should have on T-Mobile.
Didneywhorl

Re: RM500Q-AE signal information

Post by Didneywhorl »

Verify the band(s) you are connected to are in the range that all the modems ports support. If you are on n/b 71 only you wont be able to use the two high-band antenna ports. So they likely wont show up on the command.

I haven't tested it yet myself, but I do know the command itself is a fairly new implementation.
mtl26637

Re: RM500Q-AE signal information

Post by mtl26637 »

After posting I dug around the net a bit and all of the logs I could find showed the same result. Seems when you are in 5G mode you will not see readings on the last 2. Switching to 4G mode and all show as normal. Not sure if this is a firmware/modem issue or if it is just the fact that these modems wont aggregate anymore than the 5G band along with the main primary 4G anchor band when operating in ENDC/NSA mode. I contacted Quectel a couple times on this and their initial response was instantly "NDA". Below was a snippet of the rest of the convo:

mtl26637: "There is conflicting information online about the antenna ports and their frequency assignments. Also, it doesn't seem that "CA" is working properly as the 'AT' command "AT+RSRQ" responds with invalid output of "44"."

Quectel: "Regarding this AT command(AT+RSRQ), which is not very accurate. If you want to query the parameters of RSRQ and CA, please use the following AT command to query more accurately.
AT+QENG=”servingcell”"

Of course the above we know only gives the 4G PCC anchor and the primary 5G band and it does not give any information on any possible "CA". As far as I know it might not even be possible for any type of CA yet.

I again responded to them recently because I finally decided I wasn't happy with their response and they did ask that I set up a time to talk with their tech support, however, I just have not had the time to do anything like that yet. I kinda moved on and have been focusing on improving my signal.

Return to “Quectel Modems”