MIMO and Yagi mounting

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
jeffrorrt
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

MIMO and Yagi mounting

Post by jeffrorrt »

Howdy forum people! I'm running a WE826GO with a EM7565 and a 5g capable Firstnet sim. I have two The Wireless Haven yagis mounted and connected to the router via LMR400. A few questions:
1) how far apart should my yagis be? I have them mounted at 45°/135° and vertically.
2) I will be upgrading to the LM960A in the near future, what will be my best antenna config?
TIA
Didneywhorl

Re: MIMO and Yagi mounting

Post by Didneywhorl »

Hey there! Welcome to the forum!

1) They don't need to be far apart at all. 6"-1' is fine, as long as you have them polarized like you say, like an "X". The signal perfectionist will say something like 2x the widest wavelength or something. When polarized, the spacing isn't as pertinent.it seems. In the field, it works so... :shrug:

2) You can just add two more antennas in the same configuration. Those two pairs should be about 2'-3' apart. Aiming four antennas is not a fun time, but once all done its awesome.
cagordon1985

Post by cagordon1985 »

Only antenna's i've spaced too close together and had performance issues with were 470-690mhz whitespace antenna's, aiming for b71/n71. That is the lowest frequency we would ever go for as of now.

Most offered LTE/Cellular antennas have horrible performance below 700mhz, due to pole spacing.

Your normal wide band 700-2700 yagis can be pretty dang close together. You will notice a db difference in modem/network status if you have the X or + misaligned, like I recently observed.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I've opened up some of the different 2x2 and 4x4 mimo flat panels and am SUPER confused how that even works. lol.

They are way close and make zero sense to me on how they operate/radiate. I cant even tell how they polarize them. To be honest I've never looked it up, which would solve my ignorance on the subject, but ... 'someday soon'. :)
JasmineKerr
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by JasmineKerr »

Thx for many helpful answers !!

Return to “Cellular Antennas”