Actiontec GT784WN / OpenWRT Admin Page

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ana.ray
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Actiontec GT784WN / OpenWRT Admin Page

Post by ana.ray »

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie in need of help and tons of direction. I have a WG3526 that I was using to provide internet for my VOIP services but the sim slot broke, so I am now trying to use an Actiontec GT784 as a replacement. The configuration I am trying to get working is to use the MiFi8000 to connect via wifi to the Actiontec and have the Actiontec pass internet to the VOIP. My laptop is currently connected wirelessly to the Mifi and wired via Ethernet to the Actiontec. I was able to flash the firmware on the router and access the Openwrt router page but there was no internet connection and could not update the opk tables.

My next step was to create a connection between my Wireless Network and my LAN. I got that connected but still the ping test failed when I reached the Openwrt admin page. I currently can't access the OpenWrt router admin page but the LAN and Wireless both say they are connected. My questions are:

1. What values to I change on the LAN to get to the router page? With the Wireless Network in sharing mode the IP address on the LAN was generated. I changed the default gateway to the IP address of the router (sourced from ipconfig) to the IP address of the MIFI and made the DNS the same as the DNS of the MIFI.

2. How do I get the LAN to be connected to the internet so that I can update the tables and download the files to make my router wireless?

3. Is there any other way to load the files I need to the router other than from the admin page?

4. Any other ideas on how I can get the internet connection needed for the VOIP, like possibly using the MiFi and the WG3526?My current VOIP setup is able to use wireless.

Thanks
Adm1jtg

Re: Actiontec GT784WN / OpenWRT Admin Page

Post by Adm1jtg »

Sim slot broke? You mean the internal modem is damaged? Why not just replace and or upgrade the internal modem card in your wg3526? Seems that would be the easiest way unless the issue is a budget thing.

Its just a removeable card, easily replaced just make sure you get the right connection type
https://thewirelesshaven.com/product-category/modems/
DonJuane

Post by DonJuane »

Do you have any Internet access at all now, is the MiFI 8000 working? What facility is providing your VOIP service? Where and how did the GT784 come into the picture and what are you using it for. What hardware device serves as your VOIP device; Is it a wired LAN device such a a Linksys SPA-2102 or Grandstream or other LAN style device or is it a phone app or laptop app such as Skype?
ana.ray
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ana.ray »

I resolved the issue and now I can get access the router admin page. Appreciate the support.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I see your done here, but for your WG3526, they do make a SIM add on deal that can be used piggyback with your modem. They also make other adapters that you can use to add on a SIM slot.

Return to “General and Unclassified”