No gateway ip on we826-q-wd after setting change

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ebco410
Been thanked: 0

No gateway ip on we826-q-wd after setting change

Post by ebco410 »

Can't seem to access the device anymore using the ip when using ipconfig/all doesn't even generate a number there so tried forcing one with settings for my lan card in windows still no avail. Have successfully accessed the bootloader by its default access procedure an have translated the Chinese to English but didn't see where I could load a configuration.tar.gz file I have saved anywhere there just option for art and complete firmware upgrade which isn't really an option for me because it's a service I bought off ebay providing a hotspot Sim and the we826-q-wd as the modem with wifi x goldenorb firmware on it pre configured any help would be much appreciated thanks in advance
Didneywhorl

Re: No gateway ip on we826-q-wd after setting change

Post by Didneywhorl »

So you have a configuration file saved for backup?

If so, then all you need to do is flash the firmware fresh, then load the configuration file.

Anytime you disable the DHCP you must set the ethernet interface (LAN) to a static IP of 192.168.1.1

You should be able to then always access this when DHCP is turned off, as long as you have a static ip of 192.168.1.xxx set on your PC ethernet port.

Never do these things over wifi. Wifi will not have have access if DHCP is turned off.

Return to “General and Unclassified”