Use Verizon iPhone XR as hotspot (non hotspot plan)

HOTSPOT Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Rizzader
Been thanked: 0

Use Verizon iPhone XR as hotspot (non hotspot plan)

Post by Rizzader »

Hello.

Is there any way to do so, with a wired or wireless hotspot? Basically, my verizon unlimited plan does not include any hotspot data. Do I need to just stop being cheap and pay $10 more a month, or is there a way to bypass without verizon knowing?

Thanks in advance!
gscheb

Re: Use Verizon iPhone XR as hotspot (non hotspot plan)

Post by gscheb »

Well from what I seen it really depends on the phone. Older android phones like Motorola and Samsung have done this with. Knowing iPhone and how they are so rigid and locked say more than likely there isn't a way to do it.
For example couldn't do it with a pixel 5. These newer phones have more blocking on them it seems.
Now with all that being said I have never tethered a iPhone before. So don't know how well it works with rooter and what not.
Rich Hathaway

Post by Rich Hathaway »

Jailbreak it then install tetherme from the app store, there is a crack for that app that is free if you can find it, look in the big boss repo.
BillA

Post by BillA »

Rizzader wrote: Fri Jun 04, 2021 6:09 pm Hello.

Is there any way to do so, with a wired or wireless hotspot? Basically, my verizon unlimited plan does not include any hotspot data. Do I need to just stop being cheap and pay $10 more a month, or is there a way to bypass without verizon knowing?

Thanks in advance!

As far as I know GoldenOrb doesn't have the proper iPhone usb drivers yet, though they are working on it.
You can use the native USB tether on most Androids, however, you can tether ANY iPhone/iPad/Android to a mobile router via WiFi and bypass the hotspot limit by using the correct TTL for your carrier (tested it on ATT and Tmobile). Just follow the guide below, try the usb method first, if it doesn't work then try the WiFi. Some carrier's sim cards block the APN settings in iPhones, therefore you may skip that, it should still work.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10303#p10303
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

As I have said in previous posts I have NEVER got my verizon account to work with the TTL trick. Had to resort to other methods
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Adm1jtg wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 3:37 pm As I have said in previous posts I have NEVER got my verizon account to work with the TTL trick. Had to resort to other methods
TTL is only for bypassing hotspot limits and throttling. Are you saying that you are connected with your Verizon account and the TTL settings never stopped your account from throttling or shutting down your hotspot data?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

BillA wrote: Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:17 pm As far as I know GoldenOrb doesn't have the proper iPhone usb drivers yet, though they are working on it.
You can use the native USB tether on most Androids, however, you can tether ANY iPhone/iPad/Android to a mobile router via WiFi and bypass the hotspot limit by using the correct TTL for your carrier (tested it on ATT and Tmobile). Just follow this guide, try the usb method first, if it doesn't work then try the WiFi. Some carrier's sim cards block the APN settings in iPhones, therefore you may skip that, it should still work.
https://wirelessjoint.com/viewtopic.php?p=10303#p10303
Goldenorb now supports iPhone tethering.
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Didneywhorl wrote: Mon Jun 21, 2021 5:59 pm TTL is only for bypassing hotspot limits and throttling. Are you saying that you are connected with your Verizon account and the TTL settings never stopped your account from throttling or shutting down your hotspot data?
I meant in my specific case, no matter what ttl I used verizon always detected me as a hotspot device... aka using hotspot data not regular.

Other tricks were needed for me to trick verizon into letting me use normal data on my router.

My plan automatically has all hotspot data throttled to 3g speeds so was very easily to tell which data type was being used :D
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Gotcha, so when you played musical device IDs it fixed it?
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue Jun 22, 2021 10:31 am Gotcha, so when you played musical device IDs it fixed it?
rofl I refuse to answer that on the grounds I may incriminate myself :D
Besides I like it here and the stance on "playing with imei's" is clear
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Saying you did it is ok, helping others to do it, or posting on how is not allowed.

Either way. :)

We can mask it with speaking in 3rd person and "in theory" statements if you want :P
Adm1jtg

Post by Adm1jtg »

Just dont wanna anger anyone.... like i said I like it here and think I can help.

Hopefully you and gscheb dont see me as a trouble maker as i have been known at time to be a little to strong in my opinions and a little to free at expressing them.

Like in the last post on the numbers for lte :D
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

All good. Peeps get the slappins when out of hand, no worries :)
stoverix
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by stoverix »

It seems to me that the best solution would be to install the application via Jailbreak. Although iPhones are so picky that sometimes you don't know which solution is best.
It happens that I can scour the Internet for several hours in search of the necessary information on the topic. Sometimes I find something here — https://www.familyorbit.com/blog/iphone-tracker/. Sometimes something on the form.
I don't even neglect the help of Facebook commenters, lol. But it's always interesting to dig into the settings, to find something new. It's incredibly cool when you finally solve a problem that has been bothering you for a long time.

Return to “General and Unclassified”