netgear lm1200 on t-mo

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
danielicestorm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

netgear lm1200 on t-mo

Post by danielicestorm »

Hi everyone, I am a bit inexperienced in this field but really need the internet as I am a student and would like your advice or opinion on this situation. So i recently purchased the Netgear lm1200 and I am getting very slow download speeds below 1Mpbs. At times it will jump to 5Mpbs but then drop back down. On my phone, I can pull 60-70Mpbs on LTE, so I'm just a bit confused. Is there anything I can do to increase the speed or should I purchase a different modem/router. Your help would greatly be appreciated. Thank you
Didneywhorl

Re: netgear lm1200 on t-mo

Post by Didneywhorl »

What plan do you have for the device? Many times the plans determine the network priority.
danielicestorm
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by danielicestorm »

i am on the t-mo one plan with unlimited data, i do have unlimted hotspot but it is at 3g speeds, however when I use my phone to tether I am able to get full speeds, the only issue is I am unable to connect other devices to my phone since it has to be wired tethering 😰 which is why I was searching for a router/modem alternative. Any suggestions of devices to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Would look 👀 into the T-Mobile 100GB @$50 hot spot plan.

Get that working then you can try other options to game the system with an iPad Sim.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

danielicestorm wrote: Sat Jun 05, 2021 4:34 pm i am on the t-mo one plan with unlimited data, i do have unlimted hotspot but it is at 3g speeds, however when I use my phone to tether I am able to get full speeds, the only issue is I am unable to connect other devices to my phone since it has to be wired tethering 😰 which is why I was searching for a router/modem alternative. Any suggestions of devices to purchase would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Are you using your full time personal phone for this, or is this a second one you are using for internet?

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”