MBR1400 Wireless Signal Detected By iPads, But Not Laptops (SOLVED)

Cradlepoint Router Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
effinpissed

MBR1400 Wireless Signal Detected By iPads, But Not Laptops (SOLVED)

Post by effinpissed »

I recently purchased a Cradlepoint MBR1400 router. It establishes a connection reliably and it's fast. Our iPads connect to it with no problem. None of our laptops detect it as an available wireless network. Fortunately our desktop PC is connected by an ethernet cable and it works fine. Another issue I'm having is that one of my Android phones receives an incorrect password error message when attempting to connect with the correct password. A friend told me he thinks it could be an encryption settings issue in the router. Any suggestions would be most appreciated!
Dr-BroadBand

Re: MBR1400 Wireless Signal Detected By iPads, But Not Laptops

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Using windows 10?? For laptops
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

I was running PCLinuxOS but just installed Ubuntu on my laptop. Installing Ubuntu made no difference, my laptop isn't detecting the MBR1400 even though it detects other wifi networks in my surrounding area so it's not the fault of my laptop. I could try to connect to it as a hidden network but I don't know what to enter as the router's security type. I don't see how it can it be hidden when my wife and my son's iPads are connecting to it with no problem. How can a wifi signal be detectable by an iPad but not a laptop? All my PCs must now use an ethernet cable to access the web.
effinpissed

Post by effinpissed »

I went to the Facebook Wireless Joint page and was asked if the wifi LED light was blue or green. It was blue and broadcasting on the 5.0 Ghz frequency. I logged in to the router and changed the wifi broadcast frequency to 2.4 Ghz. Everything works now.

Return to “Cradlepoint Routers”