"Your attempt to connect to data services was unsuccessful"

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
AntonJack

"Your attempt to connect to data services was unsuccessful"

Post by AntonJack »

I'm still pretty new to this whole hotspot, rural living, situation and setup I have going on. But just now I had this happen twice on my AT&T Sim card and lost all wifi connectivity from my device. If I unplug the device and plug it back in, it comes back on just fine it seems. I did set up my Yagi antennas yesterday and got around 30-40 download and almost 8 upload, which is better than what I had with my DSL. I've also contacted AT&T and they've said that nothing on my account was terminated which is good.

But my question is... Has anybody else had this issue and found out why? Right now I'm assuming it's either the AT&T network going down or the device is having hiccups.

An additional question would also be which TTL value are you using that seems to work on AT&T? Right now I'm using the $55/month for 100gb plan and hoping the TTL serves its purpose.

I'd appreciate your time to help me. Thank you!
Dr-BroadBand

Re: "Your attempt to connect to data services was unsuccessful"

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

What modem are you using?

Can you turn off the WiFi and use an Ethernet cable.
MattB29

Re: "Your attempt to connect to data services was unsuccessful"

Post by MattB29 »

Should not need any TTL settings since you are on a data only plan and not a phone plan. People that use custom TTL settings are doing so to trick the carrier into not seeing your activity as hotspot usage (limited data)or as other than being a phone. This is done to get the unlimited data allotments of cellular phones.

As to why you lost WiFi connectivity? Hard to say. These routers are not the best quality. You do understand that WiFi and internet connectivity are different things?

Now if you lost internet connectivity that could be simply a momentary issue with AT&T. It does happen.

Return to “General and Unclassified”