Enabling Wireless on NEXQ6GO-M with quactel EM12G

Topics related to OpenWRT, LEDE, GoldenOrb, Linux and other firmware
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
AntonJack

Enabling Wireless on NEXQ6GO-M with quactel EM12G

Post by AntonJack »

I just got a setup running but I can't get the wireless function to come up. When I plug my pc into an Ethernet port then it works and I can access the firmware. However, when I do not have the ehternet plugged in, no network shows up on the wifi list.

What settings should I focus on to check if the wifi/wireless function is on?

Does this look right?

1.)
Wireless Overview.jpg
2.)
Wireless Overview Main.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
JimHelms
Site Admin

Re: Enabling Wireless on NEXQ6GO-M with quactel EM12G

Post by JimHelms »

I would use this WiFiX Quick Setup Guide and restore the router firmware to its default settings (Page 7, # 18).

After the router resets, I would start at the top of the guide to configure the router.

I would also stick with the stock theme and colors until everything else is configured and operating as expected.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

I agree with Jim.

I would start with a fresh config, then make changes one at a time. openWRT based firmwares can sometimes act goofy when making too many changes at once. You can get the latest firmware version off the https://thewirelesshaven.com website under the header menu :Resources->WiFiX Router Firmware
AntonJack

Post by AntonJack »

Didneywhorl wrote: Tue May 25, 2021 9:46 am I agree with Jim.

I would start with a fresh config, then make changes one at a time. openWRT based firmwares can sometimes act goofy when making too many changes at once. You can get the latest firmware version off the https://thewirelesshaven.com website under the header menu :Resources->WiFiX Router Firmware
Yes, I’ve done that. I’ve also followed your tip and flashed the firmware but it didn’t work. It was working great for about a day and a half but now it randomly doesn’t work and there is nothing stopping the SIM card since it works just fine in an old device of mine with the hotspot enabled.

The router can at least read the SIM card number and the messaging number associated with it but it does not connect to the 4g network. I’m wondering if I should get a refund at this point since I really need internet ASAP out here.

Return to “Firmware”