NEXQ6GO-M not showing up as a network anymore?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
AntonJack

NEXQ6GO-M not showing up as a network anymore?

Post by AntonJack »

I put together my new NEXQ6GO-M router with a EM12G quactel modem and it turned on fine. With this I was able to start changing the apn and TTL settings, along with the network name and password just like the tutorial told me to.

Not too long later while I was trying to get an active hotspot atat SIM card put into the device, it no longer comes up as a network. I’ve pressed the reset button on the back of the router but it does not show up at all as a available network anymore. I do not know if a setting got changed but the router boots up just like it was, but it does not show up as a network on any device. No matter how many times I reset it. I’ve also uninstalled the modem and installed it back but that also doesn’t work. Because it doesn’t show up as a network, I don’t think I can access the firmware anymore.

Can anyone give me suggestions on how to fix this or possibly give me a number to call to walk me through the process? I can’t seem to get any support from Wireless Joint themselves. I really need to know if I can refund this if all hope is lost with this device I’ve built. Any help would be appreciated.
MattB29

Re: NEXQ6GO-M not showing up as a network anymore?

Post by MattB29 »

Have you tried using an ethernet cable to connect to your router to access it? Sounds like you inadvertently got your wifi broadcast turned off.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Its likely the dhcp was turned off, or your network ip has been changed.

To reset the router you have to reflash the firmware. Holding in the reset button doesnt do anything but reset your login password. That wont help if you cant connect

Are you using an ethernet cable? Thats the best way.

Lookup firmware recovery mode in the tutorials section under Routers.

Basically download the firmware from The Wireless Haven. Under resources on the main page.

Power off. Hold in reset button while plugging in. Hold reset button for a solid 13 seconds before releasing the reset button.

Make sure your web browser is on an incognito mode with clear browser cache. Make sure your ethernet interface is not set to a static ip. If it is ensure it is in the subnet of 192.168.1.x

Enter http://192.168.1.1 in the web address. Press enter.

Follow the tutorial for loading fresh firmware. The oage is in chinese. If your browser has a chinese to english page translation feature, you can just follow the translated prompts.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Btw. This forum is the The Wireless Haven support. You ARE getting support from them themselves. :)

Return to “General and Unclassified”