NETGEAR M1 help and newb to hotspot home internet.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
wjaxon
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

NETGEAR M1 help and newb to hotspot home internet.

Post by wjaxon »

Hey guys,
I have had DSL for 12 years of my life so I was super excited to get tmobiles home internet. while it is better than my dsl speedwise, it is not very stable. Now before i tried tmo, i used the att fixed wireless. It had much better ping and speed and consistent uptime the only reason i got rid of it was its puny 150 gb cap. Now im frequenting these forums and subreddits and found someone willing to sell me a netgear M1. Considering I am a noob, how would i go about setting it up to operate as my home internet provide and on att's towers. Someone in a subreddit pmed me trying to sell me a 65 a month unlimited plan where he just sent me the SIM but idk seemed sketch. LMAO im lost and need somewhere to start or a little link to some guide to get started and what to look for. TY
Didneywhorl

Re: NETGEAR M1 help and newb to hotspot home internet.

Post by Didneywhorl »

Welcome to the forum.

The information you seek is already all over the forum.

You can have your own account that the reseller use by either using a pre-paid voice plan with unlimited data, or a post paid unlimited ipad plan. 855-593-1430 Ask for unlimited ipad SIM, you'll need an LTE capable tablet IMEI on hand to give them.

You will also be best to learn how to change the information on the router to match your device registered to the account.

DC Unlocker is a product / service that can do that for your Nighthawk I believe.

There is a ton of this info also on the Wireless Joint facebook group.

Return to “General and Unclassified”