Best Verizon MVNO and using one now

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
j2227

Best Verizon MVNO and using one now

Post by j2227 »

Hi all,

I have been traveling lately and carrying my modem/router with me. I am using US Mobile's Super LTE which is on Verizon with an EM12G and Linksys WRT1200AC (OpenWRT). One day, I accidentally unplugged the power cord, and somehow all the router settings got erased (my TTL, QoS, SSID, etc). That never happened before! Luckily, I brought an ethernet cable and returned most of the settings to normal (I forgot what TTL I used, but tried 65). Unfortunately, I might have triggered something on US Mobile's end and was immediately throttled when I was fully powered on. I called them, and they said I was using excessive hotspotting and they could not (more like WOULD NOT) do anything. I have had my router/modem plugged in for a few months now with no issues at home.

The only reason I need verizon is because at home Sprint, T-Mobile, and AT&T all are marginal quality at best even with my Poynting MIMO antenna.

Can one of you guys recommend the best settings for my modem to avoid hotspot please? I cannot tell if I'm on hotspot since the app doesn't segregate data usage. I am using MBIM and turned auto select off, and roaming off using AT commands. I am also open to another MVNO, but would like to stay in the $20-30 range (I can bring over 2 other lines as well).
Dr-BroadBand

Re: Best Verizon MVNO and using one now

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

I think visible is the go to for Verizon

I have seen TTL 64 work

May need to wait for a bill cycle for the data limit to reset :roll:

Good luck, Verizon has the best network but it’s heavily policed to keep users like us off the network.

TM seems to be the easiest, they are so hungry for new customers they let it slide.

https://www.androidcentral.com/best-mvn ... ns-network
j2227

Post by j2227 »

Thank you Dr-BroadBand. I have also heard on the FaceBook group to also use Visibile. A few years ago I was paying $160 a month for Verizon!! It was crazy, but had no issues whatsoever...just not in my budget! :D Visible will be $90 for me with 3 lines so not a big difference on my part (paying $75 now).
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

Cool, keep the group updated on your move to the Verizon/Visible network.
Take good notes
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

j2227 wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:30 am Thank you Dr-BroadBand. I have also heard on the FaceBook group to also use Visibile. A few years ago I was paying $160 a month for Verizon!! It was crazy, but had no issues whatsoever...just not in my budget! :D Visible will be $90 for me with 3 lines so not a big difference on my part (paying $75 now).
Sorry confused by the $90 for three lines. If you get into party pay three lines should be $75. Also you get a month for $5 if you refer someone. Transfer one line first. Then refer the other two and get the two months for $5 each. I did this it works.

This is my referral code = 3fZT3Q if you want to use it for your first line if you don't personally know someone to help out with the referral code.
j2227

Post by j2227 »

gscheb wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 9:29 am Sorry confused by the $90 for three lines. If you get into party pay three lines should be $75. Also you get a month for $5 if you refer someone. Transfer one line first. Then refer the other two and get the two months for $5 each. I did this it works.

This is my referral code = 3fZT3Q if you want to use it for your first line if you don't personally know someone to help out with the referral code.
I see on the website for a party of 3 it is $30/mo for each line after the first month (excluding the referral promo). Does that jive with what you see or am I reading that wrong?
gscheb

Post by gscheb »

j2227 wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 10:56 am I see on the website for a party of 3 it is $30/mo for each line after the first month (excluding the referral promo). Does that jive with what you see or am I reading that wrong?
Yes that is right. So you just join a part of 4 or more. Your party can be with anyone. I can give you one that I am in or you can join another one.
Thing there is even a visible forum now to find party lines to join.
There is this youtube kid that does phone plan wesbsite and videos that has one with allot of people in it here.
https://www.visible.com/p/bestphoneplans

Return to “General and Unclassified”