WG1608 v3 with Quecetel EM-12G trouble

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
ChrisM101

WG1608 v3 with Quecetel EM-12G trouble

Post by ChrisM101 »

Anyone having ATT issues the past few weeks. Mine is dropping connection for 5 mins at a time 20-30 times a day and sometimes won't reconnect without a power cycle. I'm kind of at a loss. I'm paying for the 75$ prepaid unlimited phone plan on the sim.

I just don't understand what they could be seeing to drop it or if it's a hardware issue. Can anyone direct me where to start troubleshooting? I'm fairly rural so this connection is our only option.
ChrisM101

Re: WG1608 v3 with Quecetel EM-12G trouble

Post by ChrisM101 »

It's still occurring but less frequently. But still many times a day. The modem is still showing connected. Is this a firmware issue perhaps.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If something changed without you changing anything (ie: it occurring less frequently now) then its likely a network issue.

Have you tried running a VPN to see if that changes anything.

I have heard of issues with prepaid att phone plans in routers inthe last month or so.
RJ2021

Post by RJ2021 »

Are you still having this issue?...I have a similar issue with the EM160R. I get the transmit queue timeout error at least once a day and have to reboot. The only I did notice is it will happen most often during carrier aggregation.

Return to “General and Unclassified”