C7 V2 with MR1100 (m1)

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
jlmc1978
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

C7 V2 with MR1100 (m1)

Post by jlmc1978 »

Of course I'm new! And I've read over many posts and it appears from what I'm finding that even though I have a router running GoldenOrb (Archer C7 v2)...and the M1 (MR1100, with AT&T sim)...I may still be trying to do something that isn't possible.

I do have internet connectivity...via the C7v2 ---->M1 on WAN. However, the firmware doesn't report a modem being attached.. but, I don't have anything changed in the M1 either (like IP Passthru).

Before I updated to the most recent firmware (or, 3/29/2021)..I was running a version of GoldenOrb that was like..3/20/2020 or so..and connecting the M1 to the USB port of the C7v2 would also allow me to use internet....
Seems that the firmware update did something to that and I couldn't get it to work. Switching back to the WAN of C7 from ethernet port on M1 resumed internet connectivity...

I would like to use this set-up if I can..but I'm thinking I may not be able to do much with the M1 with the C7 as the router..
I have an unlocked 5g hotspot similar to the m1 that I would like to use the same way.... I was trying to set-up the M1 to work so that when I do connect the 5g "mystery' hotspot ...i don't have to make many changes and it just works...

Any ideas or advice?

Return to “General and Unclassified”