Accidentally turned off LAN for rOOter, router isn't coming on.

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
DeUndefined1
Has thanked: 0

Accidentally turned off LAN for rOOter, router isn't coming on.

Post by DeUndefined1 »

My tp-link archer c7 v2 is running openwrt, rOOTER firmware. (Running sprint lte) I don't know how my kid went into my computer trying to play a game but for whatever reason he had turned off LAN.... now it doesn't show up on any of my devices at all..... lights comes on for a brief second than afterwards just 2 lights that'll show but the network is still not showing up at all.... my initial plan was to make my archer c7 as my 2nd router while I get a much more powerful router while I'm moving. But since my windows 10 computer has been replaced how can I fix my router?
MattB29

Re: Accidentally turned off LAN for rOOter, router isn't coming on.

Post by MattB29 »

Your question is a bit hard to understand. If your wifi is unavailable have you connected an ethernet cable to your computer to access the router and try to turn the local wireless network back on?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Can you connect to tbe webUI at all?

Via wifi, lan, or wan?
DeUndefined1

Post by DeUndefined1 »

No that's all I'm saying, I can't connect to the interface because the wifi isn't coming on my son turned off lan on my rOOTER firmware.. i heard it can connect to the computer but I don't know how to connect it on the computer and turn on lan since I can't connect to the ui through wifi.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

If you had the base IP address set to 192.168.1.1 then you might try setting your PC interface to a static IP address of 192.168.1.100, subnet 255.255.255.0 and the gateway to 192.168.1.1. then try and connect. It sounds like they just turned off DHCP, which means the router isn't giving out IP addresses anymore.

Worst case, you'll likely have to re-flash the firmware. Use the firmware recovery method. It's under Router Tutorials.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

You will need a Ethernet cable to hook to your computer and a Lan port on the router. Start by being in off for both the router and your computer. Turn on Router first and allow it to boot up and establish a web connection. Than boot up your computer. You should show a connection to the web at this time. Bring up your browser. Typical address for your rooter web interface would be 192.168.1.1 It is possible that you will need to allow your browser to connect to a unsecure source.

If you lost your password to the router you may need to do a firmware re-flash. https://www.ofmodemsandmen.com/flashing.html
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

Good stuff Matt.

With Rooter firmware, the webUI password can be reset by holding in the reset button for approx 11 seconds, after the router has fully booted up. After releasing the button, the router will reset with the admin password cleared. All other settings will remain.
DeUndefined1

Post by DeUndefined1 »

I've connected to the computer through ethernet. But it shows as an Unindentified network. It only shows up the ui of My mifi 8000 since it has been the only internet source for this router is through USB. My mifi ip is set as 192.168.1.1. But the computer ip address is 192.168.1.11. And I've forgotten the ip address for the router.
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

You should be able to see the ethernet adapters status to see the routers IP address (Gateway IP)
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

You can view or change MiFi 8000 settings by connecting to the MiFi 8000 Admin website at
http://my.MiFi or http://192.168.1.1.

Return to “General and Unclassified”