Striving for a better experience with LTE

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
Rrutl
Has thanked: 0

Striving for a better experience with LTE

Post by Rrutl »

I've come to realize that i live in (or near) the ''cell edge'' and while various adaptations of hardware have led to improvements, It's time to up my game. Many factors are at play in my consideration of which types of implementations to go with, less than optimal RSRP, variable RSRQ, network traffic, and the fact that I can only communicate with one tower at my home. Cat 16-20 modems and 4x4 MIMO antennas seem a natural and appealing prospect to maximize my digital life.
After researching cat 20 (CAx7) I like the multi intra band combinations and in my case band 13,5, 2, 4 are the best bands due to terrain and distance. Bands 5,13,2 are best of all but after noticing people posting compatibility issues, question: have the rooter / golden orb router firmware updates for the WG3526-P, led to a stable working environment between the 3526 and em20 ? Not being lazy here, I have paroused the forums and seen many references, but those with direct experience to offer would earn my undying gratitude. Another solution I've considered is using the m.2 to usb enclosure sold here on The Wireless Haven with a different router. I'm not yet done looking at the EM 160R-GL but my fascination with the more complex (multi) intra banding CA capabilities of cat 20 modems make me think they are more suitable to my geography. If I can pick up a limited range of (lower frequency) bands and those bands can be duplexed together for better communication with the local cell, both the tower and I would be happier. I recently watched a video on YT explaining the ''ranks'' 1,2,3,4 and it appeared that if I can attain something near rank one but with multiple data streams on a single band , I could see better results. According to the video four streams on rank one would extend the cell zone by a considerable margin. Some of this is at the edge of my knowledge, but like you guys here I'm willing to do the homework and ask questions when I'm over my head. Thanks again for an informative forum members and admins alike.

Return to “General and Unclassified”