US Mobile on Verizon Coverage

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
gscheb

US Mobile on Verizon Coverage

Post by gscheb »

Hello all,

Wanting to know if anyone has some experience using this service? Wanting to know what the TTL to use with this would be? Do you have to pay for the hotspot data for it to work? Interested in using this tethered to a router.

Thanks for any info
MattB29

Re: US Mobile on Verizon Coverage

Post by MattB29 »

I looked at them as a possibility when I saw they had Verizon as a carrier and sold data only plans. However their terms of service absolutely preclude any use that is not in an approved phone.

Two issues in their terms of service: "To provide the best possible experience for the most possible US Mobile customers, and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may, without advance notice, take necessary actions to manage our network. The small share of heavy data users, using more than 50 GB on GSM, or 20 GB of hotspot data on either network during a billing cycle may be throttled to slower speeds and lose hotspot capabilities for the remainder of their billing cycle."

And : "When you buy and use our Services or any Devices you agree that you will not misuse or abuse our Services or Devices by doing, among other things, any of the following: (a) modifying your Device from its manufacturer's specifications; (b) activating a Device on a Service Plan or with a feature or product not designated for its use; (c) inserting a US Mobile SIM card into a modem, router, laptop, or other signal broadcasting device. Your Device uses a US Mobile SIM Card to access our Data Services. You are prohibited from using a US Mobile SIM Card with any device other than a basic phone, smartphone, or tablet device to access our Data Services."
gscheb

Re: US Mobile on Verizon Coverage

Post by gscheb »

MattB29 wrote: Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:58 am I looked at them as a possibility when I saw they had Verizon as a carrier and sold data only plans. However their terms of service absolutely preclude any use that is not in an approved phone.

Two issues in their terms of service: "To provide the best possible experience for the most possible US Mobile customers, and minimize capacity issues and degradation in network performance, we may, without advance notice, take necessary actions to manage our network. The small share of heavy data users, using more than 50 GB on GSM, or 20 GB of hotspot data on either network during a billing cycle may be throttled to slower speeds and lose hotspot capabilities for the remainder of their billing cycle."

And : "When you buy and use our Services or any Devices you agree that you will not misuse or abuse our Services or Devices by doing, among other things, any of the following: (a) modifying your Device from its manufacturer's specifications; (b) activating a Device on a Service Plan or with a feature or product not designated for its use; (c) inserting a US Mobile SIM card into a modem, router, laptop, or other signal broadcasting device. Your Device uses a US Mobile SIM Card to access our Data Services. You are prohibited from using a US Mobile SIM Card with any device other than a basic phone, smartphone, or tablet device to access our Data Services."
Thanks for the information. Just looking to do some light tethering with the sim in the phone. Don't know if it will work or not for that purpose?
Won't be my main source of data.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”