MoFi sim7 takes forever to login

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
DogTho
Has thanked: 0

MoFi sim7 takes forever to login

Post by DogTho »

After a while having the MoFi on, it seems to take forever to log into the device. If I restart it, unplug and re-plug and it finally starts up, then it logs in right away. What is this about?
toddw

Re: MoFi sim7 takes forever to login

Post by toddw »

I would start by updating the firmware. You can so so via System --> Manual update firmware (if I remember correctly). You can get the firmware here:

https://mofinetwork.com/downloads/

Under your router is a sticker, it will probably say V3 somewhere, if so you will want to download the 1.2.1 STD firmware.
DogTho

Post by DogTho »

A firmware update will not change the settings? I'm sure I should do a current backup anyhow.
toddw

Post by toddw »

I always do a backup. There is a tickbox to save settings on the update. You can also try the remote update button, it will go out and download everything to the router and apply.
DogTho

Post by DogTho »

Under System/Manually flash firmware is 'Flash new firmware image' and there is a box for 'keep settings' So it looks like I have to download from the MoFi page and manually flash the image instead of auto update? I'll wait until the wife is gone in case it takes a while or I eff up. I did download the firmware. Mine is MOFI4500-4GXeLTE-V2. I also made a current backup. Thanks, will report.

Return to “General and Unclassified”