LTEFIX AD4M Antenna + RM500Q-AE

Topics related to wireless broadband antennas
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
ionutz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

The Wireless Haven AD4M Antenna + RM500Q-AE

Post by ionutz »

Hey there, first post here :) been working on my failover stack. I purchased an AD4M (https://thewirelesshaven.com/shop/antennas/wifi-a ... connector/) and hooked up the primary Antenna D+M to ports to 0 and 3, and secondary to 1 and 2 of the RM500Q-AE (or maybe the other way around, but I didn't think it matters). This is running on a WG1608 with OpenWRT / GoldenOrb with one of Dairyman's latest firmware.

With the regular antennas (3x cradlepoint antennas) I get a decently consistent signal on B66 / n71 on Tmobile. With the AD4M in the configuration above I'm getting mixed results and under load it loses n71 and my clients lose internet connectivity.

Any ideas? Does anyone have a working WG1608 config + RM500Q-AE + AD4M?

Thank you !!
Didneywhorl

Re: The Wireless Haven AD4M Antenna + RM500Q-AE

Post by Didneywhorl »

Are you connecting to the same tower when setup? Is your system setup outdoors, or are you testing with it laying on a table inside?
ionutz
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Post by ionutz »

I'm testing with it laying on a table inside, with the antenna pointed towards the tower... the thing is, with the paddle antennas, it works just fine...
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

What does the system say the signal levels are with each, and are you certain the system is pickup up the same towers with each setup? (PCID, cell ID, etc).

You would think they work just as well or better, but it really depends on the environment. The omnis may be picking the signal up from a weird direction. I would mount the antenna outside, even in a quasi-temporary fashion, before comparing them like that.

Return to “Cellular Antennas”