Mofi 4500 new sim 8

Topics related to MoFi branded routers
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
littleboss
Has thanked: 0

Mofi 4500 new sim 8

Post by littleboss »

I got a new Mofi 4500 sim 8 version. It uses the EM7411 modem.

I want to use the Calyx sim (Sprint sim provided by Mobile Citizen) from the Franklin T9 in the mofi. What are the necessary steps?

Thanks
Tuna8er

Re: Mofi 4500 new sim 8

Post by Tuna8er »

Sprint was bought by T mobile. You need to change the APN to SPCS, google it to be sure, or google T mobile, or go on your cell phone, settings, carrier network, APN settings, should say (be sure to be useing the SIM you will be using in your mofi, and make sure it is activated). Do a band search, lock in your carriers bands, fastest is best. You need to make sure your TTL is set right I use Vis*b1e which is owned by Ver1s0n. Sprint and T mobile may differ, linux 64 or linux 2 65. Your MTU and MSS may need to be changed. Sprint and mofi don't usually work well together. You should contact them, If you need to you can buy a setup file from them to install on the mofi in back up and restore. They have excellent customer service though. I have 2 SIM 7's so not to familiar with SIM 8. SIM 4 I believe was the Sprint one, but they all basically work the same, just different bands work better on each. I would make you a backup file but SIM 7 is not SIM 8, you could try GoldenOrb firmware, but start with Mofi customer support first.

Return to “MoFi Routers”