ZBT-WE826, Sprint, Disconnects on Google Voice calls

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
MrEdLu

ZBT-WE826, Sprint, Disconnects on Google Voice calls

Post by MrEdLu »

Hi Everyone, I started, thanks to this forum, with ZBT-WE826, EM7455 and a Sprint SIM from Franklyn r850. It had worked well except for the constant disconnects. Then I upgraded it to Quectel EM12 and that resolved most of the disconnects. Now the only disconnect that occurs and is reproducible is when I answer a Google Voice call from my phone or iPad using the Google Voice App. It seems as if Sprint is blocking VOIP protocol by disconnecting the service. My current work around is to use VPN on my devices. Does anyone knows a way around this issue?
radec

Re: ZBT-WE826, Sprint, Disconnects on Google Voice calls

Post by radec »

I have sprint with an em06-a and experience zero disconnects. I set up a friend with the same equipment and he keeps having disconnects with apple devices and facetime.

This might not have anything to do with anything. But the only thing I can figure out is that he is connecting to band 41 and I'm using band 25. I tried switching to band 41 myself and noticed a lot more disconnects. Again I have no idea if these things are actually correlated. Another thing I noticed is if you repair the imei on the quectel modem, it seems like b41 gets more stable. Honestly though I didn't leave my modem on b42 for very long because it was less stable and slower for me. Anyway just some random things I have noticed, they could mean nothing.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”