Mobile Citizen sim card in a WG1608 doesn't work

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
averrslowly
Been thanked: 0

Mobile Citizen sim card in a WG1608 doesn't work

Post by averrslowly »

The sim card works fine in the Coolpad Surf it came in, but the WG1608 with the latest firmware doesn't detect it at all. The router is new and shows no other signs of being faulty, so assuming that this is not a problem with the hardware, does anyone have any insights or ideas about this?

For background, others have posted on this board about their successful efforts to use Mobile-Citizen supplied sim cards with Rooter and generic routers.
radec

Re: Mobile Citizen sim card in a WG1608 doesn't work

Post by radec »

The WG1608 is just a router correct? what modem are you using in it?

When you say:
The sim card works fine in the Coolpad Surf it came in, but the WG1608 with the latest firmware doesn't detect it at all.

Are you saying that the router doesn't detect the sim card at all? Or some other connection issue?

If it is not seeing the sim card at all, then it just might not be fully/correctly seated in the simcard slot.

At any rate if you are looking for help, more information about your setup and the errors you hard having would be useful.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

You have been having trouble with sim card detection from your two threads on it. Have you done a hard reset and reload of firmware for your WG1608?
averrslowly
Been thanked: 0

Post by averrslowly »

That's right, the router doesn't detect the sim card at all, though the sim card works in my Coolpad Surf. There really is no more information about my setup that is relevant. It's a router with a modem and a sim in an urban environment with no need of outdoor antennaes. The router doesn't detect the sim card. No errors, just no sim card detected so no signal received.

I did do a hard reset of the router, but did not try reloading the firmware. I'll try the latter - thanks for the suggestion.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”