Can't register on Verizon

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
goatdad
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Can't register on Verizon

Post by goatdad »

Hello,

Recently, I purchased a Cradlepoint MC400LP6 Integrated 4G LTE Modem (Multi-Carrier) along with a Cradlepoint router. When I tried to purchase a Verizon SIM for it, I get a message saying "Sorry, our network no longer supports this device." Any ideas on how to proceed? I thought this modem was supported on Verizon.

Thanks
Didneywhorl

Re: Can't register on Verizon

Post by Didneywhorl »

Ahhh Verizon.

The MC400LP6 is a completely accepted modem for Verizon, since it has an official firmware for it. The same goes for its base modem, the Sierra MC7455. Verizon is just being a turd.

You could play with the IMEI, but I can't help with that. You had best own the devices of the IMEIs of anything you have on any network. Just my opinion, and maybe the FCC too. ;)
Dr-BroadBand

Post by Dr-BroadBand »

jmmec
Has thanked: 0

Post by jmmec »

I've run that Cradlepoint on VZ. If you can buy / borrow a cheap VZ hotspot, then get a sim for it, and then sim swap to the Cradlepoint. It will work just fine.
blackjmyntrn

Post by blackjmyntrn »

jmmec wrote: Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:12 pm I've run that Cradlepoint on VZ. If you can buy / borrow a cheap VZ hotspot, then get a sim for it, and then sim swap to the Cradlepoint. It will work just fine.
yeah the ol, pop in cell phone first always works to get those sims going. with visible, and I believe cricket you need a new mvoip or something type of device to use their services.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”