My current LTE setup via.. Some guy

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
Virgilcain
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

My current LTE setup via.. Some guy

Post by Virgilcain »

Hey all. I love in a rural area. When I first moved here about 8 months ago I called a guy that offered internet in rural areas. Not a company or anything, just him. He claims to have a deal with Tmobile that allows him to sell LTE service and he gets a piece of the money I pay home each month. He brought me a telcel eltel modem with a tmobile sim card in it. We put it in the window and I've been using it ever since. He was charging me 80 a month but I'd going up to 99 next month. The connection streams most movie and tv ok with some exceptions. We only ever have 1 bar in the modem, but like I said it works most of the time. My question is should I just get an unlimited cell plan from T-Mobile and pop in the sim and cut out the middle man or is he offering me something that I can't get on my own? It's basically unlimited. I just don't understand what he's actually doing lol.
Didneywhorl

Re: My current LTE setup via.. Some guy

Post by Didneywhorl »

100% yes, He is selling you his lines off his plan. Likely a business plan. Can you get the Tmobile home internet? Its like $50 a month. The new Magenta Max plan is awesome too. I would get your own line and roll with that, or the home internet.

Can't blame a guy for offering services, but if your asking for the info, I'm telling the info. :)
BDF1234

Re: My current LTE setup via.. Some guy

Post by BDF1234 »

If you can get the T Mobile home LTE internet service, you def should. BTW, they just raised the price to $60/ mo, but still a great deal. My parents have it and consistently get 100Mbps DL speeds. The new model modem/router they send you is really nice.

T Mobile won't offer it to me because Verizon "High Speed" DSL is available at my house.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”