Mini USB powered LTE routers for Verizon

Misc Mini PCI-E and M.2 Modem Card and USB Dongle Topics
Forum rules
Use the SEARCH function for related topics PRIOR to posting a new topic on the same subject.
ms2sat
Has thanked: 0
Been thanked: 0

Mini USB powered LTE routers for Verizon

Post by ms2sat »

I have searched high and low for the perfect solution for my particular application and I can't seem to find it. I have an in car camera system running off an IT'S CELL Bi-750 7500 mAh battery pack, so power consumption is of concern. It has USB ports capable of outputting 5 volts at 3 amps peak.

I need something powered by USB that can run without it's own internal battery. Moreover compatibility with Verizon postpaid bands is a must. I bought and returned both a GL.iNET MUDI and a PULI. Both were nice units but were too power hungry and drained my battery system recharging themselves, they just seemed to be overkill.

So even though I'm running a tablet line my SIM is in a Verizon branded MHL900S Ellipsis. Despite the widespread complaints for that particular unit I'm actually achieving better speeds than either of the others running the EP06-A modem. I average between 5 to 12mbps and as high as 75 closer to a tower. This is in a glovebox mounted next to an aluminum cased battery.

I'd like to use something unlocked to access the TTL and really make use of the unlimited. Everything I've found seems to only support ATT or T-Mobile, both of which are awful here and I won't use.

Any input is appreciated.

Return to “Misc Modem Cards and Dongles”