H721 V5 Review

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
toddw

H721 V5 Review

Post by toddw »

I’m late posting this, but I was one of the ones that bought the H721 V5 routers for testing. I been meaning to post a review sooner, but have been wrestling with the 2nd modem slot with Quectels with no success (using a Quectel EM160R-GL on the M.2 slot). So I have a Sierra 7411 that I will be adding soon!
However, to date, this is my favorite router shell, reason why….

12 antenna ports! And all of them are on attached to the chassis for safe lid removal! That means it can handle (2) 4xMIMO with GPS ports if need be. Super clean layout on the interior…
main.jpg
Ports.jpg
Like the oth3er The Wireless Haven router I was using (NEXR5GO), its built like a tank, all metal construction, plenty of room to work with inside. It also came with a mounting kit which is nice, along with plugs for the unused antenna ports.
interior.jpg
LED.jpg
mounting kit.jpg
I paired this unit with a 2.5A power adapter, and the Quectel mentioned earlier. I have been running this as my main router since December 2020, 24/7 and have not had a single issue. No modem burn out, no real issues what so ever.

For the wifi card, I did end up using an Atheros AR9280.
wiring clean.jpg
I’m going to add a V6 for testing soon, but at the end of the day, my 721 with EM160 has been solid for 3 months with no modem burn outs.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BDF1234

Re: H721 V5 Review

Post by BDF1234 »

Thanks for the review. When you add the second sim, how do you intend to run it? With one as a failover, or something more advanced?
toddw

Post by toddw »

No problem. I just want to test fail over and load balancing.
Tuna8er

Post by Tuna8er »

As far as visible working against, would not be legal. Congress voted in 2008 that cable companies and cell carriers have to allow you to bring your own equipment. They can not sell you a service, then lease you the equipment to use said service, this is racketeering. They must provide equipment with service free of charge. Since that would be expensive, providers must allow private equipment as long as it does not slow their network down. So you see you are allowed to bring in approved devices. (Devices that do not slow down their services). It is regulated by the fcc, and Congress. FCC laws also make it a federal and sometimes international crime to use any cellular device to commit a crime. That includes false advertisement.
This H721 I believe to be a router from '90's early millennium era Europe, that they attempted to repurpose with the USB slots to power modems. When that failed, especially with US carriers doing away with 3G, and switching to 4G "VOLTE" compatible only devices. I believe they rig the device to appear as if your making changes, and then you feel as if you are doing something wrong. But are not actually changing anything but the display.
Fraud is a crime, cellular fraud is a Federal and International crime.
vectorized

Post by vectorized »

Any updates @toddw?
Didneywhorl

Post by Didneywhorl »

There is a new version coming soon V6 or V7 I believe.
vectorized

Post by vectorized »

Didneywhorl wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 8:57 am There is a new version coming soon V6 or V7 I believe.
well that sounds glorious. i bet it'll be m.2 mainly. too bad i need to buy stuff now :(

will look out for news tho.

Return to “General and Unclassified”