Since ATT/Cricket have purged their IMEI database, can you check?

ROUTER Topics that are general or unclassified in nature, or does not belong elsewhere
Forum rules
Please assure there is not an existing forum and topic related to your post
inzitech
Been thanked: 0

Since ATT/Cricket have purged their IMEI database, can you check?

Post by inzitech »

Hi all -

Only internet option I have is AT&T. Cricket's Simply Data plan looks to be the best fit for my needs.

I ordered a Gl-Inet x750v2 (AT&T certified) and lo and behold, the IMEI is now considered "invalid". Other IMEIs I've checked are either invalid or flagged as no longer compatible. This being related to the 3G cut off in 2022.

Of note, after going back and forth with Gl-Inet, their COO is now trying to find out why their gear isn't being allowed on ATT or Cricket. Guess they spent a lot of money to get the X750v2 ATT certified only to have ATT / Cricket decide to not allow it.

The only IMEI I've found that checks out as compatible with Cricket's IMEI check are the Netgear MR1100.

So I'm hoping some of you might plug your IMEI into Cricket's IMEI check and post the results?

Cricket IMEI test is here: https://www.cricketwireless.com/cell-ph ... ata-device

I have no idea what options there are besides these. Worst case, I'll bite the bullet and get a new MR1100-100NAS, run it in modem mode, and put a decent router / hotspot behind it.

But surely there are better options. I'd sure appreciate anyone who would take the time to test their LTE router's IMEI and let me know it's model if they say it's compatible.
MattB29

Re: Since ATT/Cricket have purged their IMEI database, can you check?

Post by MattB29 »

My Netgear LB1120 comes back as non compatible as well as my Sierra EM7565. I am presently using Cricket Simply Data with the Sierra EM7565 modem because I got in before they instated the new rule back in January. Previously I was using the Netgear LB1120 on Cricket.

Perhaps the new Netgear LM1200 would work or the Orbi LBR20.
inzitech

Post by inzitech »

Hey thanks.

I checked an OrbiLBR20's IMEI from an ebay photo, says it's not compatible. Which *really* surprised me considering it's a higher end than the MR1100. Wildly speculating, I wonder if the LB20 wants to use 3G for voice or something.

I put LB1120 in the post from memory, it may have been something different or I'm misremembering - thanks for checking that.

I've been scouring ebay used LTE routers with pictures where the IMEI is visible, then trying them. I should have been making a list.

However, so far I'm having zero luck.
inzitech

Post by inzitech »

The Netgear LB2120 checks out as compatible.
tetranz

Post by tetranz »

I tried my Pepwave MAX BR1 MK2 and it reports that my "AirPrime MC7455 is not compatible with the Cricket Network due to network changes". It used to be compatible.
inzitech

Post by inzitech »

Thanks - good to know.
inzitech

Post by inzitech »

Just found an IMEI for a ZTE MF833V - and Cricket says it's compatible.
bigbillsd
Has thanked: 0

Post by bigbillsd »

My Max Transit Cat 18 is not compatible anymore. But I just got the T-Mobile 100GB @$50 and it works fine. Plus it can use the long range B71 with a compatible antenna like the Puma 401. The 3G excuse is so LAME for an LTEA device. -Bill
cricketimei.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

That ZTE MF833V is a dongle adapter. Practically worthless.
bvwelch

Post by bvwelch »

Sadly my EC25 from The Wireless Haven is now showing as incompatible at cricket.

But when I purchased it late last year, I chose cricket since at that time, the EC25 was compatible with cricket, but incompatible with verizon.

For various reasons i haven't actually used my router/ec25 recently. Maybe it will still work since it was working previously with cricket.
inzitech

Post by inzitech »

MattB29 wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:37 am That ZTE MF833V is a dongle adapter. Practically worthless.
Agreed. But the fact the IMEI worked is noted.

The device I'm most waiting for is the GL-iNet x750v2. They're working on trying to figure out why their IMEIs are not listed as compatible, because that little router just got ATT Certified last year.

As an OpenWRT device with OpenVPN pre-setup - it's almost exactly what I'm after, personally.

Regardless - As I find IMEIs that work I'll keep posting them here.
MattB29

Post by MattB29 »

Why Cricket is turning away customers with workable LTE devices is hard to understand. They are selling data at a set amount and what difference does it matter how a person receives it?

Return to “General and Unclassified”