Verizon 5G and Lte Home Internet service.

Topics on Service Providers, Deals, Options, Etc.
Forum rules
No internet reseller is permitted to market their services. No Exceptions.
MattB29

Verizon 5G and Lte Home Internet service.

Post by MattB29 »

In my never ending quest to get a good home internet service I happened to run across that Verizon is now offering both LTE Home Internet unlimited service and also a 5G Home internet service in selected areas. The LTE is in 48 states now and might be available to some rural people that previously lacked the option. The 5G is restricted to only 4 major urban locations at the moment but is slated to expand aggressively this year.

It is difficult to get much real world information about these offerings since very few people have posted anything about them. You can find the basics: The LTE offering costs $60/mo plus $10/mo for equipment ($240 to buy) unless you are already a Verizon customer than it is $40/mo plus the $10 equipment. No Contract other than equipment payout. The 5G option is $70 non customer and $60 customer. I do not know the equipment cost for that one.

Speeds mentioned. LTE 25mbs to 50 mbs with unlimited data. No mention of any soft limits on the data. 5G is 300mbs and up to 1gbs also unlimited data.

I have put my name on the list for both (so far my location is not compatible with either)even though the 5G in my location is a unlikely event.

One thing that gives me a bit of hope is yesterday my phone which uses Verizon (MVNO) as it's carrier suddenly showed connected with band 66 versus it's normal 13. Doing a speed test I got a whopping 51mbs down and 7.5 up! Never seen anything like it before. Did not last as today I am back to more regular speeds and band 13 (about 2.5mbs down and 1.1mbs up) but it shows it is possible.

Return to “Internet Service Providers”